LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Legacy PZE. Started having little acceleration but you could get it to 45 MPH. Auto zone read code and it was bad CC. then Before I changed that it wouldn’t go over 30 MPH. Changed CC (front one) and still same situation. Then I changed 02 sensor and the AF sensor and still same situation. I changed the oil today and attempted to clean MAF sensor. Reset the computer via unplugging battery, codes are gone, but car still runs the same....... WTH????

I'm going to go for the easy fixes first. If it's an 09 it doesn't have the old style fuel filter but you should pull off the upper of the 3 fuel hoses into the intake and put the disconnected hose into an dry clear bottle and then bump the key to the on position so that the fuel pump primes, then inspect the fuel that comes out and also inspect the rate at which it comes out. If that looks okay and the pressure seems alright then I'd look at spark, pull the plugs and inspect and replace them. With subarus, my preference is to just replace them anytime I pull them because they're a pain in the butt to get at.

you posted in the wrong section by year.

is this a US / Canadian spec?

if so it has a ODBC reader that works better than typical store bought hand helds. showing the codes for the car's various systems in the gauge cluster (don't know if LGT.com has such a thread as this one on the outback board).

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/109-gen-3-2005-2009/

______

miles / kms on it. head gaskets done or undone?

sad you changed a cat which may have been fine.

______

what was the brand of the o2 sensor you put on? subarus like Denso or OEM. Bosch may give odd readings and confuse matters just like a old bad one.

Archived