LegacyGT.com

Moving and have found tune/AP issue - PLEASE HELP!

I asked this in the tuning thread withoug any replies, so I thought I'd try here. So please forgive my ignorance, I ended up getting out of modifying my LGT before I got into tuning; I have a situation that I’m not sure how to fix. I am getting ready to move way west and I think I have found out that where I’m moving to does not have 93 octane fuel. One issue I found is that I currently I should have a basic Cobb stage 1 93 octane tune, so I should switch to a 91 octane tune correct? Now this is where it gets “fun”. Before I did say I “should” have a tune, as in around 8 years ago I flashed the tune using my Cobb V1 AP and haven’t attached my AP in the last maybe 3 years when I had to clear a code. When I tried to use my AP a couple days ago I got the dreaded error that the AP is not attached to the correct car. I did call Cobb and was told that the V1 AP is too old and they can’t do anything for me. So the big question I have is what is the correct direction to go? Is it possible for me to pick up a used V2 AP and get it married to my car even thought a V1 could be already married to it? Do I need to go find a tuner and have them fix this? If I need to go to a tuner, should I wait until I have moved and find one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

V2 or v3 AP should have no problem flashing over the existing map. In fact, there have probably ly been several revisions to the tune since you flashed it. The car will probably run quite a bit better.

That said, a protune will always be the safest/best option. I haven't tried to flash over a Cobb map with an oe ROM though, not sure if any weirdness might arise from that.

Where are you moving? Remember that if it's Arizona, California, or Nevada Cobb has a specific map designed for the poor quality fuel in those States.

Thanks LP for the reply. I guess I'll start looking for a tuner and a used V2 AP; to see what is out there. I'll be moving to the Vancouver, WA area in a couple months, I think... It depends how the current house sells.

Thanks again.

So If I were to opensource, would the OBD cord from my V1 AP work as the connection cord, or did Cobb have special wiring? From what I have been reading about using opensource, most that have used a AP would go opensource next time. Plus since I bought my V1 AP I have used it less than 10 times it is sounding the way to go.

Thanks bugblasterbeast

Thanks for the info Franz. I have a computer that allows me to play a mean came of Pong so I should be good there... :eek: I have a month or so I think before my LGT gets shipped so I have some time to research and learn what I can.

Thanks again.

Archived