LegacyGT.com

Front License Plate

Unfortunately the great state of misery (read Missouri) requires front plates. Little Red made it 10 years with her front bumper hole-less in other states until I acquired her last week.

Playing with the idea of an offset plate utilizing the tow hook area, but I'm not sure if I'll like the look. Haven't really seen any on the forums running mounts such as the GrimmSpeed, but now would be a good chance to show them off ;)

Don't drill into your bumper if you don't have holes yet!!! Get the grimmspeed offset location plate relocate. If my bumper wasn't drilled when I got the car I would just run no front plate till I got a fix it ticket for it. The front of these cars really doesn't lend itself to a good location for a license plate.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

It is a super easy install and well worth it to avoid drilling holes. Just stay away from automated car washes one you have one

Does that cover up that passengers side foglight at all?? Getting a new bumper and want to do the relocation so im not drilling holes.

:yeahthat:

Wife thinks only ricers and mustang owners do license plate relocations, might have to listen to her.

Plus that's $80 I wouldn't have to spend to go toward Accessport... I keep telling myself I won't spend money on exterior mods until it's where I want it mechanically. #FirstWorldProblems

:yeahthat:

Wife thinks only ricers and mustang owners do license plate relocations, might have to listen to her.

Plus that's $80 I wouldn't have to spend to go toward Accessport... I keep telling myself I won't spend money on exterior mods until it's where I want it mechanically. #FirstWorldProblems

Or if you are handy you can make one yourself. Rather than spend the $80 bones GS wants. I might do that this afternoon. I've got some time to be able to do it in the machine shop I think.

2005 Vader Wagon

I really hate that mine had holes drilled into it. Especially since Utah doesn't require a front plate. I went full rice and dug out the plate I had on my car when I was stationed in japan and threw that on. The plate relocation looks good, but that half plate doesn't look bad either.

I'm in CA and we require front plates as well. I have the holes in my bumper, but took the plate off and just keep it in-between the center console and passenger seat. My rear windows are so dark that I can just throw it up in the windshield when I've been pulled over in the past, then just proceed to talk about how somebody backed into you in the parking lot yesterday and snapped your plate holder and how hard you're working to get it back on the front of you car....Worked for me last time at least, but then again I think the CHP was a subie fan.

Hate to break it to you Gipsy...

http://highwaypatrol.utah.gov/frequently-asked-questions/faq-equipment-issues/#Front%20License%20Plate

http://le.utah.gov/~2012/bills/sbillint/sb0113.htm

It's not enforced as a stand alone violation but something you get dinged on if you are pulled over for something else.

I really hate that mine had holes drilled into it. Especially since Utah doesn't require a front plate. I went full rice and dug out the plate I had on my car when I was stationed in japan and threw that on. The plate relocation looks good, but that half plate doesn't look bad either.

Hate to break it to you Gipsy...

http://highwaypatrol.utah.gov/frequently-asked-questions/faq-equipment-issues/#Front%20License%20Plate

http://le.utah.gov/~2012/bills/sbillint/sb0113.htm

It's not enforced as a stand alone violation but something you get dinged on if you are pulled over for something else.

Okay so it's a secondary, haha. I haven't been told otherwise and also don't make it a habit to get pulled over.

I too used to do this...until the parking enforcers started ticketing me while it was just parked on the street! I'm in LA so perhaps they are a little more militant but it's like $95 :eek: and GL getting them to drop it once the ticket is written...

Just my .02...

I'm in CA and we require front plates as well. I have the holes in my bumper, but took the plate off and just keep it in-between the center console and passenger seat. My rear windows are so dark that I can just throw it up in the windshield when I've been pulled over in the past, then just proceed to talk about how somebody backed into you in the parking lot yesterday and snapped your plate holder and how hard you're working to get it back on the front of you car....Worked for me last time at least, but then again I think the CHP was a subie fan.

I too used to do this...until the parking enforcers started ticketing me while it was just parked on the street! I'm in LA so perhaps they are a little more militant but it's like $95 :eek: and GL getting them to drop it once the ticket is written...

Just my .02...

I used to do the same until campus police started writing the tickets and I decided a sitting duck 5 days a week for tickets isn't worth it.

2005 Vader Wagon

I used to do the same until campus police started writing the tickets and I decided a sitting duck 5 days a week for tickets isn't worth it.

I got two tickets in two days for not having a front license plate. Yay Berkeley.

My friend in his Evo VIII got pulled over in Berkeley for not having a front plate.

Pulled over. wtf.

Or if you are handy you can make one yourself. Rather than spend the $80 bones GS wants. I might do that this afternoon. I've got some time to be able to do it in the machine shop I think.

Any luck with the custom fabrication?

I've found an ebay grimmspeed knockoff for the half the price (thinking it's a license plate bracket, surely it can't be worse than 2 screws in the bumper).

I've also noticed part numbers being the same between 08+ WRX and LGT relocation kits, so I might look into a cheaper WRX solution.

I have been pulled over twice and warned twice. First about 8 years ago by a Trooper on the HWY for no front plate only, and again a couple years back in town coming home from work.

I have received speeding tickets on separate occasions and never a mention of the missing plate on those...

Archived