LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Does anyone have those aluminum exhaust garnishes and could you pm me measurements if you do? I want to 3d print them to make a mold for a variety of reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAABaruu has a set for sale.

i believe madrig made a cf mould. you might enquire about a custom set (he does mostly on demand runs of parts)

That might be best. Maybe he can do a fiberglass one for me and I can't paint it to match my brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gentleman. I've made the difficult choice of selling my Spec B. I now have to decide how I want to price it. No matter how much I think about it I will most certainly lose quite a bit of money. My hope is someone here in the forums will jump at the chance of buying a really well sorted Spec B with top of the line parts. This decision was not made in haste, nor is it an easy one. All this to ask you Legacy gurus what you think its a fair price for my Spec B.

In my experience, you never get anything near what you invested when you sell modified. Part out what you can and sell the car as close to stock as possible. That will net you the most return and avoid the uncomfortable low ball offers. It will always be worth more to you than the next guy. Its your baby.

Very sad to hear either way. Good luck with everything.

Gentleman. I've made the difficult choice of selling my Spec B. I now have to decide how I want to price it. No matter how much I think about it I will most certainly lose quite a bit of money. My hope is someone here in the forums will jump at the chance of buying a really well sorted Spec B with top of the line parts. This decision was not made in haste, nor is it an easy one. All this to ask you Legacy gurus what you think its a fair price for my Spec B. Here's a short list of the main components but not all.

No Gabo NO! I vote part out as Mike says. If you consider parting out and maxing out your monies...i would definitely take the complete 6 speed transmission swap for my 08 lgt. otherwise im just waiting after this winter if any pops up for sale or Ill be posting/parting my car as well lol. Good luck with everything bro.

PS. I visit San Diego/Escondido often and could/would just pick it up =)

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Spent a very large chunk of yesterday and today trying to re-learn the open-source tribal knowledge of years past. Made some significant progress on the open-source live-tuning front! Very crude explanation and demo video over at RR forums.

Going to be spending quite a bit of time behind the computer programming some of the front-end stuff to make this usable, then we can dig in to some testing! I'm pretty confident it's close to working, but there's definitely some very important testing coming down the line.

Spent a very large chunk of yesterday and today trying to re-learn the open-source tribal knowledge of years past. Made some significant progress on the open-source live-tuning front! Very crude explanation and demo video over at RR forums.

Going to be spending quite a bit of time behind the computer programming some of the front-end stuff to make this usable, then we can dig in to some testing! I'm pretty confident it's close to working, but there's definitely some very important testing coming down the line.

That's rad.

All hail the open source shaman!

Not so much a Subaru thing but the Pathfinder is no more. Picked up a 2004 Sequoia in very good shape. Has about 160k miles on it so the 2UZ-FE is basically just getting broken in. Best part is it can tow 6,200# so the GT can be moved around pretty easily if needed Edited by amm203

Not so much a Subaru thing but the Pathfinder is no more. Picked up a 2004 Sequoia in very good shape. Has about 160k miles on the 2UZ-FE so the engine is basically just getting broken in. Best part is it can tow 6,200# so the GT can be moved around pretty easily if needed

FWIW, I have ski friends that Toyota replaced the chassis under there 2004 Sequoia because it rusted out. That was a couple years after the rear diff rusted and leaked the gear oil.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW, I have ski friends that Toyota replaced the chassis under there 2004 Sequoia because it rusted out. That was a couple years after the rear diff rusted and leaked the gear oil.

Thank you for the info. The Sequoia suffers from the notorious Takata passenger airbag defect so I'll be taking it in for that and asking them to make sure the frame is in good shape.

Thank you for the info. The Sequoia suffers from the notorious Takata passenger airbag defect so I'll be taking it in for that and asking them to make sure the frame is in good shape.

With your VIN, use this site https://www.toyota.com/recall to look up any open recalls, that way you can schedule ahead of time.

Depending on the frame situation corrosion, there is 3 paths they take, 1) spray rubber lining if frame is decent, 2) replacement of frame or 3) they buy out the truck from you. Worked at a Toyota for a few years.

Edited by Dre617
more info

My Hicksta moments just keep coming...

Weds is shop clean day so no working on cars.

Brought in tires to mount on the wheels...which are at home not at school.

Went to put in 5mt so can put in axles, but its not a direct bolt in to a 5eat car. Getting the auto shifter out is a pain, although I need to strip the car for the new upholstery.

Yep, time management sucks when you are an apprentice. :)

Didn't do this to today.

Back in the early lock down days.

First post ever, many thanks to all.

ecacf181f10e9592779d7326366b25dc.jpg

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Interested how your car runs so cool at 110mph?

Interested how your car runs so cool at 110mph?

if you don't wait for it to warm up, you can get 155 indicated on a "cold" meter.

Also, steady state in cool weather an lgt doesn't run hot. Even flogging it in the upper rpm range, it rarely gets out of the warm range. The only time mine got "hot" was running bumper to bumper, even then, moving off the "train" on the straight was enough to bring the temp down. ymmv

Re-assembled the Recaro Style XL seat I had in shambles since this spring. It was damaged in shipping so I figured I'd take it apart completely and install some new high static pressure fans and replacement plastic bits. Not sure if this process was worth it. Waiting on Planted Technologies seat bracket and Recaro sliders now.

Car is almost ready to film scenic roads. In frame is the video editing station I'm building as well. Will be running DaVinci resolve on AMD 2950x. The Nvidia RTX 3080 is non-existent availability right now. 6ac128e587c0374da560ea78fd4b41e2.jpg8802b97c9e06fbe912c83ed36b3bd02d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Did a big decide-o and picked up a set of Manley drop-in pistons for standard B bores (BBBB block), since the two I checked ended up being in spec at the end of the day. It occurs to me that if a person is actually attentive in taking the proper measurements and gapping rings, a set of these drop-ins and a brand new OEM short block will yield you an IAG Stage 1 equivalent for almost $1000 less. Ring filer is ordered, measuring out the other two bores tomorrow just to be sure. Let's see if uncle ****-up can't get this right.

https://www.maperformance.com/products/manley-04-wrx-sti-ej257-size-std-stroke-79mm-bore-99-50mm-grade-b-single-piston-w-rings?variant=5331154051&gclid=CjwKCAiAn7L-BRBbEiwAl9UtkH1JVi247MmNs0J72We0IK7LGis8KSfk2LmoLZsiiNRy1gFL8noH6RoCpasQAvD_BwE

Definitely time to go back into a specific thread.

Aired it out a bit while letting it come up to temp after another coolant refill so I could trim the upper hose a tiny bit more, as well as cinch up the lower clamps.

The other day I trimmed up the airbox lid and fresh air scoop - the lid always pressed hard against the base of the hood prop, and I disliked always having to remove the Cobb cover (small button head screws) just to get the scoop out of the way. I also replaced the plate that seals the fuel filler neck.

IMG_2569.thumb.jpg.3957267e1b08200ab6187c5c29799492.jpg

IMG_2520.thumb.jpg.87da186a3637bc3f594cd9a1045426ec.jpg

IMG_2517.thumb.jpg.c0418a12997702b57487cc2d2ead0d2b.jpg

IMG_2510_2511.thumb.jpg.73fcb7b41493c28138e0e0cb32e8dabd.jpg