LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Completed a bit more on my friends car, I finally got the adjustable headlight switch going and wired in.

I went to town polishing the headlights, compound, polish, then for a quick finish a hybrid ceramic coating.

The first pic you can see I've done the drivers headlight and not the passengers, the rest are completed pics.

1.thumb.jpg.9797a8c6e903baa3668401e720313a2b.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.753652f69fa1906c49615d84cf6b1f26.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.0f8308a2e70d5b96533b5841617365e8.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.5e2c688bcf345188e9f581873b14b20a.jpg

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

If you're happy rebuilding, might as well buy my spare '15 STi rack and rebuild that.... :hide:

Yeah, the cost of the '15 rack plus rebuild kit is a bit too much for me, but I am keeping your spec B rack in the back of my mind if I royally screw this rack.

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Yep, one of the main lessons for me was that you need a VERY nice bore gage or decades of experience with getting consistent measurements with T gages in order to check our bores in a time-efficient manner. The former requires money, and the latter requires time.

We defaulted to a statistical approach with tons of data gathered to get some basis by which to compare a good and bad cylinder. The average diameters did come out very close to what

a Standard B bore should be, so that's encouraging. I think overall, took around 500 data points this weekend while gridding out the cylinders.

Ive been debating clicking "buy now" on an amazon cart of really precise measuring tools, because money and my garage is unheated. I'd have to haul every measurement candidate home, wait for it to temperature stabilize, then haul it back to the shop.

I finally gave up and ordered 3 sets of bearings (std, +1 oversize, -1 under) and rings that can be sized. Best fit ships. If scotty can build an engine in his sandy driveway, perhaps I don't need a .0001mm micrometer ?

Well the gas smell from the rear passenger side is getting stronger. I hope it's the pipe and not the tank. Only happens after some spirited driving and turning which is, by definition, what this car wants to do.

I'm in the same spot, except my garage confirmed that I'll need a tank replacement.

I'd really like to keep this car as long as I can, but fearful this is the age when numerous systems might begin to fail.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Limited 5MT White/Beige 145k

I'm in the same spot, except my garage confirmed that I'll need a tank replacement.

I'd really like to keep this car as long as I can, but fearful this is the age when numerous systems might begin to fail.

I think it was 3 years ago when I had my buddies body shop replace my tank and fuel filler tube.

Have the brake lines inspected and replace that junction block if needed. May be think about the rear bushings too as the rear subframe will be out of the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Everything you fix is one more thing brand new. And there's only one or two new replacements if you wanted another manual wagon.

I need to take a look at all that stuff soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally confirmed appt to have my 5 year leaking passenger valve cover gasket replaced, my 138k wagon doesn't use much oil but I've noticed a bit more smell at idle so I'm going have both cover gaskets, plugs, gaskets and the 2 hoses replaced. I'm also going to have the compression tested prior to going STG2 with my JmP custom and DP.

I

I finally gave up and ordered 3 sets of bearings (std, +1 oversize, -1 under) and rings that can be sized. Best fit ships. If scotty can build an engine in his sandy driveway, perhaps I don't need a .0001mm micrometer ?

Hey, hey, hey...... I resemble that remark!!!

Literally, built the engine for my Daytona Shelby in the shop garage at work... dust?!?!? The bunnies were in awe......

Scotty

Gentleman. I've made the difficult choice of selling my Spec B. I now have to decide how I want to price it. No matter how much I think about it I will most certainly lose quite a bit of money. My hope is someone here in the forums will jump at the chance of buying a really well sorted Spec B with top of the line parts. This decision was not made in haste, nor is it an easy one. All this to ask you Legacy gurus what you think its a fair price for my Spec B. Here's a short list of the main components but not all.

Vehicle Specs:

2007 Spec B

Forged SB ( CP 9.0:1 Compression Pistons)

Outfront Motorsports Custom Rods (Equal to or better than Manley Turbo-Tuff)

Dom 1.5 XT-R, 10CM, 2.4 Inlet, Internal Wastegate

ETS FMIC

KSTech 73mm Intake with heat shield

TGV deletes with phenolic spacers

Secondary Air Pump Delete

AVO Inlet

Killer B Holy Header w/ uppipe

Grimspeed Catted Divorced Downpipe

Infamous Stromung V2 Exhaust

Grimspeed 3 port EBCS

DW 1300cc Injectors

DW300

IAG Fuel rails (Ran in parallel)

Southbend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch

STI OEM SM Flywheel

Delicious Tuning MK2 Flex Fuel Kit with custom dyno tune from Bill himself.

Accessport V3

Gramlights 57DR (17 x 9 +38)

RCE Tarmac T1 Coilovers

Stoptech BBK (Front & Rear)

JDM Double DIN (With Pioneer Radio)

There's a lot more but these are the big item mods. The chassis has a little over 205k miles. Engine somewhere in the 15-20k miles.

Thanks everyone.

I feel like you'll make significantly more money parting it out and selling it in a stock/stg2 specB configuration. Sweet setup for sure. Idek what to tell you for price.

I took an oil sample from the specB motor when I pulled it, thought I'd get some insight into the short block and turbo health. Blackstone got back to me today and no significant wear metals present. Copper was a little high, but the car was etuned on the sample and the JmP custom turbo looks/feels great. Also found there's a shop locally that's well known for getting the heads fixed. Should be a fun winter project.

Gentleman. I've made the difficult choice of selling my Spec B. I now have to decide how I want to price it. No matter how much I think about it I will most certainly lose quite a bit of money. My hope is someone here in the forums will jump at the chance of buying a really well sorted Spec B with top of the line parts. This decision was not made in haste, nor is it an easy one. All this to ask you Legacy gurus what you think its a fair price for my Spec B. Here's a short list of the main components but not all.

About tree fiddy :hide:

...couldn't help myself.

Sounds like an awesome setup. Maybe look at what the "book" value of the car is and add on market rarity and some percentage (20%? 30%?) of what you spent on mods?

I wish I was in a position where I could buy it. I already have a built LGT sitting and collecting dust (not in nearly as good of shape as yours, I'm sure)... can't add another one to the pile :lol:

3 days of school left. Taking the front & rear suspension off the car to swap the 5mt into it may not have been my brightest idea. Getting a tow truck to haul it home is going to be a pain. AAA has started cracking down on the "free" tow benefit.

The transmission is half apart because finding an impact gun capable of turning a 50mm 191 ft/lb nut is a problem...the pro grade impact gun ratchets with the socket and no load.

Feeling like the whole thing is one big Hicksta event.

Installed new '05 headlights on the ole terd. She no longer has a cataract in her left eye. :lol:

Waiting on a timing kit to show up so I can do that and hopefully fix a few oil leaks. Have had a set of TiC FU bolts sitting around for years, and ordered new intake cam gears a few months back.

Figure I might as well show it a little bit of love.