LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

One more SpecB gone for good. May current SpecB owners rejoice in their increased rarity.

[ATTACH]287933[/ATTACH]

:( to see her go.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I parked and covered my wagon back in early June, got back to DC a couple of weeks ago but just got around to uncovering the car yesterday, somehow its November already?

After almost 5 months of sitting here, I must say that this cover was a great investment. With the exception of some dust, the car looks great. I don't even see any water spots on in. Interior even still smells fresh from the detail I gave it before covering it.

My 7 year old Farm and Fleet battery had enough charge to turn on the accessories but I needed to put the trickle charge on overnight to crank it. Car fired right up, just some crud on the brakes which cleared up after driving it a bit. After driving my 88' Silverado and my wifes CRV all summer, this car feels like a rocket ship.

I'm not really sure what place this car has in my life anymore, it has sat here more than ever this year. I crossed 178K back in January and now to odometer reads 179,200. But I was really surprised just how nice this car is after not seeing it for 5 months now. It really has aged well. Its not worth that much anyway so I still don't see any point to getting rid of it yet. Having a manual transmission car that sits this low to the ground is not ideal for DC traffic. These cars need a lot of road to enjoy and its just not around here.

I did order some DBA rear rotors for the rear Brembo's to get the parking brake working again. Unfortunately, they are on back order until December. Other than that I'm trying to save as much cash as possible to get a garage up at the DC house in the spring.

LGT_Cover.thumb.JPG.028f5121edf92138fdfc7ed4b9ea1104.JPG

LGT_Uncover.JPG.214fd1ec4dbeabdcca2ef9348438ac1e.JPG

I'm not really sure what place this car has in my life anymore, it has sat here more than ever this year. I crossed 178K back in January and now to odometer reads 179,200.

This is sort of the place my Outback has in my life. Although, I don't really have room to just store it for months. Need to slowly work on cleaning it up and probably eventually selling it.

Well, they are plenty of nice roads in MD and VA to enjoy your car no?

In theory, yes. Its just difficult to get 'out there' from the district, especially depending on what time of day it is. The way DC is designed, i.e. designed before cars were invented, there is only a handful of ways to get in and out of the city.

The real issue here is I was spoiled living in rural northern WI. It was open season everyday from the minute you got in your car. The hardest part was getting the car up to temp and avoiding deer. This is where my best memories of this car are, especially in the winter with snow packed roads. You could drive as hard as you wanted to for as long as you wanted to, especially on the forest roads. Best commute ever with a LGT.

Sitting in traffic with speed cameras everywhere really takes the joy out of driving. This car is like a polar bear living in the DC zoo here.

One more SpecB gone for good. May current SpecB owners rejoice in their increased rarity.

I screenshot the original owner your pic and he was a little sad, but I told him the car would live on, and in two wagons nonetheless.

Re: recycled scrapped cars - I imagine they get turned into some high end appliance. Like a fancy cabinet espresso machine, and are enjoyed with little dollhouse sized mugs by individuals with handlebar mustaches.

Damn I want a spec b espresso machine. Cobbled together from blown ejs vf-46 and trimmed in Alcantara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In theory, yes. Its just difficult to get 'out there' from the district, especially depending on what time of day it is. The way DC is designed, i.e. designed before cars were invented, there is only a handful of ways to get in and out of the city.

The real issue here is I was spoiled living in rural northern WI. It was open season everyday from the minute you got in your car. The hardest part was getting the car up to temp and avoiding deer. This is where my best memories of this car are, especially in the winter with snow packed roads. You could drive as hard as you wanted to for as long as you wanted to, especially on the forest roads. Best commute ever with a LGT.

Sitting in traffic with speed cameras everywhere really takes the joy out of driving. This car is like a polar bear living in the DC zoo here.

Yep. That's one reason I left the area :spin:

what cover are you using, might i ask?

https://www.carid.com/2005-subaru-legacy-car-covers/coverking-silverguard-custom-car-cover-3374240.html?utm_source=email&utm_medium=order&utm_campaign=order_notification_mail

I purposely got one with good sun protection, I get a lot of sun in the backyard in the summer. Highly recommend this cover, it fits great.

Yep. That's one reason I left the area :spin:

Yeah, we moved here for my wife's career 5 years ago. From a social stand point it has been amazing, at least pre pandemic anyway. Definitely not looking to stay here forever but its also tough when my wife would take a major pay cut if we move. Thankfully, we have a standalone house here with a yard, otherwise I'd already be gone!

Installed the differential and carrier bushing inserts. HUGE difference, although the car just hit 185k today lol. Had to drop the subframe down substantially to get a good 6 point socket and breaker bar on the nuts. Wish the superpro subframe bushings were here, I could have installed at the same time! I have a perrin pitch stop and group N trans mount already. Still need to install the group N motor mounts(waiting on the nuts to arrive smdh.)Be safe all!

Can't use cylinder 4. It won't have enough compression to make the espresso...

:hide:

...I'll see myself out.

However, it would be fine for making what most people who think it's eXpresso!

Edited by HDTurbo

However, it would be fine for making what most people who think it's eXpresso!

I mean does it make hot bean juice that tastes like it's going to devour my soul.

I use a cheap drip machine most the time. As like as the bean is decent it's good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting ready to move so haven't done much on the wagon. I finally caved and got new tires for it, but ASAP Tire doesn't service DC anymore (COVID.) Hoping to find time this weekend to take the wheels and tires somewhere local. The right front has finally gone flat and no longer holds air. It was about time, replacing very old Michelin Pilot A/Ss with Kumho ECSTA PA51s.

Took the wagon along with the wife and dogs to a night meet at a Subaru dealership yesterday. SoobyDoobyDoo was there and got to meet the whole fam and we all won raffle prizes. Small, decent turn-out with mostly WRX/STI's but I forgot to take pic's and hoping they upload some to their FB page to steal. Wagon got a decent amount of attention.

In the process of suspension parts & bushings for the resto-mod work coming up. Love that RSD is throwing in free $75 gift cards if your order is $500 or more and it's seemingly unlimited. I broke up my order into 2 separate ones that barely put me over $500 on each and got the $75 gift card for each.

Fit was excellent, took about 3hrs start to finish!

Just need to figure out what to do with the fogs and get the panels color matched affordably. I might try to make the '05 fogs to fit in the new bumper.

419054136_IMG_20201106_1717383.thumb.jpg.c85429a3180f48e36707dd2a58fa54b7.jpg