LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 7th Gen Legacy today?

…replaced any non-LED cabin lights

Do you (or anyone) have more information on this, such as the list of non-LED lights to replace, what size bulbs are required, and where to purchase them?

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but the stock puddle lights are yellow non-LED also right? I’d like to have white LED to replace those if anyone has info on that.

Thank you!

Where did you get these? I'm shamelessly gimmicky!

Amazon! For something like 20$

Light had a bit of play, something like 2 mm (1/128"). A tiny piece of tap was sufficient to stabilize it.

Oh and uhhhh... What do you mean when you say "shame"? Not sure I've ever heard of such a thing as "shame" :lol:

/s

I was inspired by a colleague of mine who was showing off his welcome lighting on an Audi. A 200$ option on Audi's website :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Do you (or anyone) have more information on this, such as the list of non-LED lights to replace, what size bulbs are required, and where to purchase them?

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but the stock puddle lights are yellow non-LED also right? I’d like to have white LED to replace those if anyone has info on that.

Thank you!

Reverse LEDs are T15. I got these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074RFY776/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Trunk LED and puddles are T10. I went with this for the trunk and subaru projector logos for the puddles.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009K6IW00/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got an interior LED kit off of ebay for my 2018 and just moved them over. It has the dome, map, trunk, puddle, and vanity mirror lights.

Turn signals are amber T20s and I had to tap a resistor into each one.

Just oem things, Rockford upgrade, cross-bars, tint, Flaps. I threw on the Nameless axleback (5in. muffler) for the 2020 outback.

You hear a nice exhaust tone when driving. If anything it will sound loud to you but probably not to those around you. With the tailpipe still pointing down and no cone tip, sound seems to stay under the car rather than behind it.

20210818_163346-3.thumb.jpg.208dd23a9ade85c2d312b1ef1e3d1262.jpg

• 2 months later...
My pics won’t upload lol but I installed fog lights, cross bars, k&n filter, all weather floor mats and door cup protectors. 2020 Legacy Premium. New to me. Purchased on 12/20 with 15k miles. This is my 3rd Legacy....Pics added.

Car_Fog.thumb.jpg.64f5630203f3f7513ad49b1f4c65fff3.jpg

Edited by Legacy_20
Added Pics

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What is the procedure to turn off the seat belt alarm?
Ignition to "on" without your foot on the brake, buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 20 times within 30 seconds, then turn ignition off.

Might take a few tries to get it right.

Next time you start it the dinging sound is gone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Were you referencing a 7th gen when you wrote that a full size spare tire would not fit in the trunk's wheel well? Were you referencing the 225/55/17 tire and wheel combo?

We took possession of our 2022 Legacy Premium Saturday 4/23/22 after an 82 day wait. Today I got rid of the donut and added a full size spare on a 17x7 steel rim. I have never kept a donut in a car since the inception of donuts!

The foam insert which carries the tire tools must be eliminated. I bought a tool bag at Walmart for the tire tools. It fits pretty neatly in either one of the side spaces behind the wheel well, leaving the trunk floor basically unobstructed.

One other note: the rear carpet mat is flimsy and without the support of the foam insert you might want to reinforce it over the spare tire well. It's easy and cheap to do, of course. Flat strap steel works well. This is less of an issue if you have the rubber protective mat from Subie or from WeatherTech.

As I am never going to carry truly heavy weight in the trunk and have a Subie protective rubber mat I simply doubled two 2' squares of workout interlocking mat over the spare well and under the flimsy carpet mat, for leveling. The workout mats are useful for comfort when you actually have to change a tire.

Edited by MarkInAustin

Did the Rockford Fosgate install today, and I’ll say, I’m very pleased with the enhanced sound, my only issue is, now my car won’t lock and the infotainment system takes forever to turn off, anyone have any ideas what I might’ve messed up lol

I was going to upgrade the door and deck speakers myself with a Pioneer unit and bass door baffle from Crutchfield now in hand. Your experience has me thinking I want a shop to do it. Without a very explicit wiring diagram from SoA I think I won't touch any wiring, even though it seems logical that if I don't change the wiring from the power source nothing could go wrong.

This is our first post partially self aware car, really - I am 79 YO and still have my '06 Forester, which now seems as easy to work on as a '72 VW in comparison to the new Legacy. Each generation of vehicles after 1972 became progressively more complex, in reality. Not that I would trade GDI for a carburetor, or electronic ignition for distributor points, but while those technologies were subject to regular mishaps they sure were DIY friendly.

• 3 weeks later...
so I ordered these diamond car mats and I am more then impressed. the carpet under the mats like to eat sand and it's a pain to get it out so hopefully they help. the all weather floor mats fit on top, but just. I also slapped on some 245/45R18 Potenza RE-71R on the stock rims and they're gripping gorgeously. how do I post pictures?! it won't upload the ones I try to post and idk how to create a url Edited by blusubado

• 2 weeks later...

Slapped the Lachute Performance axle back exhaust back on again and made another video. Can't decide if I'll leave it on for a bit or go back to stock. Good thing it only takes 10min to change.

Edited by caddygti16v

Slapped the Lachute Performance axle back exhaust back on again and made another video. Can't decide if I'll leave it on for a bit or go back to stock. Good thing it only takes 10min to change.

We had a xt in my shop that had the nameless mufflers on it, I'm so glad I got the LP ones instead, the nameless ones are loud and raspy

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
How does it sound?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

On cold start it’s a little loud, but once it warms up, it has a nice deep throaty tone. Definitely a lot of drone at highway speeds also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On cold start it’s a little loud, but once it warms up, it has a nice deep throaty tone. Definitely a lot of drone at highway speeds also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lp is the same at startup, but not too much drone. I love the cold start sound

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk