LegacyGT.com

Need to see the hooked up wagons!!!!!!! Volume-2

SBT

http://i66.tinypic.com/1621wdc.jpg

Installed my kouki tails today. Should have done this sooner.

Love those taiis, where did you source them? I haven't heard the term Kouki in a long time since I got rid of my 240SX almost 8 years ago. How does the term cross apply to the Legacy?

Love those taiis, where did you source them? I haven't heard the term Kouki in a long time since I got rid of my 240SX almost 8 years ago. How does the term cross apply to the Legacy?

Kouki generally refers to any second-gen model on a given chasis code. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Love your 05 Ish wagon Joe...that is the most beautiful body design subaru ever penned. I finally got one...been looking for a while...picked up an 07 with automatic 2.5 liter last week. In the process of fixing the mechanical gremlins now. My old 91 may never live again...another dead engine...its sad, there is seemingly no one around here that knows how to build one. Im giving it one more try...if this guy doesnt do it for me Im going to let it go.

agreed, the 05-09 generation Legacy is probably the best looking car Subaru has ever made - and the wagon specifically, IMO, IS the best looking car Subaru has ever made.

I need to find another one, but I'm heinously picky.

I could suck start a snow blower.

this is my first photo upload here, not at all sure if it will work...if it works this is my new legacy...an 07 NA automatic...I know...boring. But we have done a few little things to it to make it a little more spicy than it was when I picked it up a week or so a ago.

We did a resonator delete from the otherwise stock exhaust and now when you get on it you can actually hear it. And when you rev it up it sounds pretty good. Replaced the front sway bar frame mount bushings with the Energy suspension polyurethane type and that helped the body roll a bit. Also because they dont make the same bushing in a 16mm size for the rear bar, I took the rear bushings out and ran a bunch of sheet metal screws into them and reinstalled...made them a bunch stiffer than they were. At some point the worn out struts will get replaced, but I need to replace both front axles and the steering rack first, all of them have busted seals. That I will have to save up for. I have the rack, need to save for the axles, then we will do it all at one time...and then do ONE alignment. Lots of work to do.

I had a set of BRZ wheels off a performance package car sitting around doing nothing, so I bolted them up to see what they look like, and I like em. 7.5" wide, so better than the stock 7" wheels and look better too. Same weight, added plus of having the Michelin 215/45-17 LRR tires that come on the BRZ already mounted up. Those tires work surprisingly well on that car and are a step up in handling over what was on it and the lower rolling resistance makes the lower horsepower of the NA engine a little less of a handicap in daily driving. I have my own EPA/MY ASS loop that I drive to check mileage improvements that while it isnt truly scientific I suppose, it is at least the same route every time, and that tire on that car is getting measurably better mileage than what was on it before.

thumbnail.jpg.737bdb12c43b236f6e4a7b40dd96ff1d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Are Outback XT's allowed?

Stage 2 is in the works.

2005 Outback XT. Currently has :

Anderson Design strut spacers with multi link drop spacers

Whiteline sway bar

Head unit from an '08 Outback (for AUX input)

Alpine in-line amplifier

215/65R16 All terrains but looking to get some Methods

9YwHSID.png

kGlFucw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...