LegacyGT.com

Cool Article about the 05 SCCA wagons floating around still.. :)

I fricken love that Datsun 510. I probably have 10 pictures of it. I tried to buy a race prepped one in Aberdeen not that long ago. Just couldn't meet on my lowball :(.

I have a ton of photos from the novice practice and pro3 no points race if you guys know a good place to post them/if any of the racers want pics.

You could put them on Photobucket then post the link in the ICSCC forum.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

I fricken love that Datsun 510. I probably have 10 pictures of it. I tried to buy a race prepped one in Aberdeen not that long ago. Just couldn't meet on my lowball :(.

I have a ton of photos from the novice practice and pro3 no points race if you guys know a good place to post them/if any of the racers want pics.

if you are on fb, pro3 has their own group. Most photog's have a photo site were they post everything.

icscc.org has a forum where ppl post pics, too.

Oil Temp and Oil Pressure channel alarms on the AIM dash. Oil Temp display on it too.

That's it. No Accusump or Cosworth oil tray baffles/crank scraper. I have both to install later...I have a couple of extra Cosworth tray baffle/crank scrapers if anyone wants to buy one. I will post them up on the for sale section.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sgt.Gator

Accusump....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'd add a water temp alarm to the AIM, too. You can put it on a rotating display with oil info. That's how the miata is setup.

BTW, I had a look at the ST winner's car (black M3 with playdo aero). His rear diffuser is something else and would work on your car too (he has the protector plate on the gas tank as you do). In front of the windsheild, his aero mods look well thought out if crappily implemented (heavy hand on the fiber glass - almost looks the ppl who did the fremont troll did the work). All bashing aside, its hard to argue with his 1st place finish.

The Sunday ST race at Pacific Raceways. In car video from my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon.

In the grid I'm in an Alpha Romeo ST sandwich, hoping they don't munch on me!

The conditions are a drying out track from a storm, causing a little slipperiness in places and slight water spray the first lap.

I get in front of the black Alpha gridded next to me in the opening lap. I stay close to the red Alpha while we both figure out where it's slick and where it's not. I finally pass him in Turn 8, open up the lead on the straight, and never see the Alphas again.

The first 5 laps are the best, once I get past the red Alpha it's pretty much a lapping session with the GT1 cars blowing by me and near the end the fastest ST cars too.

I was being extra careful, only my second time on track in this car, and second time at Pacific. And first time in the wet for both. I miss a few shifts and other typical mistakes. But it was great fun and am looking forward to racing the Alphas for the remainder of the season. Next year they say they are coming back with more HP and it will be a new ball game, well they're on!

I think I'm going to add a sticker below the "You have been passed by a wagon" that says:

"Praying for Rain!"

:)

The You Tube Link:

Damn this is my dream.

I've raced at Mission Raceway in Abbotsford, you ever get over there? I'm probably not going this year, it's more of a Miata track, very short straights, very hard on the brakes because they never get a chance to cool off, lots of tight corners. Not really a a track I'd like to race.

I do love Calgary, Edmonton, Banff, and Saskatoon. I've had great times in all those places!

I'd add a water temp alarm to the AIM, too. You can put it on a rotating display with oil info. That's how the miata is setup.

BTW, I had a look at the ST winner's car (black M3 with playdo aero). His rear diffuser is something else and would work on your car too (he has the protector plate on the gas tank as you do). In front of the windsheild, his aero mods look well thought out if crappily implemented (heavy hand on the fiber glass - almost looks the ppl who did the fremont troll did the work). All bashing aside, its hard to argue with his 1st place finish.

Phoenix put a cheat sheet on the dash for channel alarms, water temp is #1:

20140619_165344.jpg

On the M3 super car, look at Mike's lap times, they are so perfectly consistent. The driver I strive to be !

Ya'll asked about the oil cooler location: Under the battery tray, with a custom fabricated mount. No blower, just the mini radiator.

unfortunately the pics are really hard to get good images without taking the brake duct system apart, but you can see the fabricated bracket in the second pic:

20140619_204919.jpg..20140619_204824.jpg...20140619_204726.jpg

Custom Brake Duct plates that mount the ducts to blow on the rotors:

20140619_204434.jpg...20140619_204652.jpg

Hi! *waives

You can call me Erik, because Free Range is a silly name :rolleyes:

Hope to see you out at one of the local tracks once I get back to having excess play money. There's a Porsche 993 ex-25H Thunderhill car in my life that I'll be out learning likely next year, so maybe we'll see each other at an HPDE some time.

Hi! *waives

You can call me Erik, because Free Range is a silly name :rolleyes:

Hope to see you out at one of the local tracks once I get back to having excess play money. There's a Porsche 993 ex-25H Thunderhill car in my life that I'll be out learning likely next year, so maybe we'll see each other at an HPDE some time.

Next Week at Portland International Raceway!

ICSCC HPDE/ Driver Training for Novice racing license on Friday.

Practice and Qualifying on Saturday.

Round 2 Qualifying and Race on Sunday.

I may or may not be there for the Driver Training/HPDE/Test & Tune session on Friday, but will definitely arrive by Friday evening for the weekend events. I could use a hand on my pit crew!!!

On Friday you can knock out your required driver training school, the first step in the ICSCC Novice program. Bring any decent street car, it doesn't have to be a race car. There will other folks there just doing HPDE, and racers doing Test &Tune.

Driver training reg here: http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/miller-kersting-mem-driver-training-june-28-2014-portland-intl-raceway-396845#.U6RYT_ldV8E

The Race weekend PDF is here:

http://www.icscc.com/2014/announce/cscc_june_annc.pdf

Hope to see you and all the other Portland Metro LGT folks there!

I may or may not be there for the Driver Training/HPDE/Test & Tune session on Friday, but will definitely arrive by Friday evening for the weekend events. I could use a hand on my pit crew!!!

On Friday you can knock out your required driver training school, the first step in the ICSCC Novice program. Bring any decent street car, it doesn't have to be a race car. There will other folks there just doing HPDE, and racers doing Test &Tune.

Driver training reg here: http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/miller-kersting-mem-driver-training-june-28-2014-portland-intl-raceway-396845#.U6RYT_ldV8E

GAH damnit. I've sworn off any racing events at all this year, sadly. In the middle of a new-house build and major business expansion attempts, so the time AND the money are totally hosed. Something had to give, and track time was it. I look forward to seeing you out there next year, so keep it together for at least a year! :)

I race against this guy in the ICSCC ST class. He has the trickest brake duct setup, I'm going to replicate this next winter. His car is for sale too.....

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29744784&postcount=36

Want to loan your car for a lap or two around PIR? :wub:

Want to loan your car for a lap or two around PIR? :wub:

Hmm, we could co-drive the 1 hour Enduro if you pay the full race fee for both of us. 30 mins each. I even have a back up car available in case of issues....my buddy is bringing my old Integra and he can't drive the enduro because he's just starting Novice....

Hmm, we could co-drive the 1 hour Enduro if you pay the full race fee for both of us. 30 mins each. I even have a back up car available in case of issues....my buddy is bringing my old Integra and he can't drive the enduro because he's just starting Novice....

Yeah, I thought of that before. Race budget is zero. If I had money, I'd get back in the championship points hunt for CSM & ITA (e - forget last letter). Was leading both when I ran out of money.

Next year, would love to do that.

I thought ya'll might find this interesting, it's a post form Joe Aquilante back in 2006 when his company first ran this car. Enjoy this blast from the past!

<<<>>>

Good morning everyone and Happy Memorial Day!!! It is a fine day to take a moment to remember all of those who have served to defend our country and its freedoms, and honor the sacrifices they have made...

With a day off and some free time, I figured I would say thank you to all of you who stopped by on Friday and Saturday at Lime Rock Park in Ct. to say hello and wish us well... It was great seeing so many Subaru enthusiasts out at the races and hearing all of your excitement about the great Subaru products... Here is brief report on our weekend and the success we enjoyed...

For those of you interested in Legacy GT racing news, The ICY Phoenix Racing team debuted their new Legacy GT Sportwagon in the Grand American Cup Sport Tuner race held at Lime Rock Park, Ct on Saturday May 27th... Driving the Legacy were Kristian Skavness, 2005 SCCA Northeast Division Champion, and Chuck Hemmingson, SCCA Touring 2 National Champion.

ICY and Phoenix are headquartered in Phoenixville, Pa. and represent a joint venture by long time Street Stock racers, Dave Rosenblum and Joe Aquilante. The team and crew work closely with SOA in preparing and campaigning cars in SCCA National racing in the Touring 2 class and fielded the 2005 National Championship car at the SCCA runoffs, driven by Chuck Hemmingson...

From the time the crew unloaded the car from the semi trailer, there was lots of interest in the car, first because it was a Subaru, and then because it was a Wagon... By the time the first day of practice was over, The Subaru Legacy GT showed that it was a serious contender and placed third in the first session right out of the box, and then first overall in the second session in the rain!!!

Although forced to run almost 500 pounds heavier than the other cars in the class, the Legacy GT's symmetrical AWD and turbo charged boxer engine, proved up to the task and in the rain the car was just short of spectacular..

The great performance continued on Saturday, and in the morning session the crew and drivers experimented with different chassis settings and fuel consumption testing, still managing to set a top ten time...

In qualifying, Kris Skavness set a quick pace, showing as high as second overall in the early stages of the session, and eventually ending up 5th overall in the field of 25 cars... Not a bad place to be as the new kids on the professional racing block!

At the start of the race, Kristian quickly moved up to third position, then on lap 14, took over second... For the next 22 laps, Kristian kept pace with the leading BMW 3 series of Will Turner, while holding off a train of 6 to 8 attacking ST competitors who probably could not believe that they were chasing a STATION WAGON!!! We left the dog at home and the kids were watching from the hill... But yes... there it was. Chasing the Ultimate Driving machine, being chased by the best Sport Tuning cars in the country and still having room for folding chairs, camping gear and 15 bags of groceries!!!

On lap 36, a pursuing Acura made what could best be called a poor move, and when attempting to outbrake the Legacy, lost his own brakes and plowed Kristian off the track sending Kristian on a wild ride on the wet grass into the boondocks and narrowly missing the retaining wall..

Even though the grass was wet and other cars usually got stuck in that quagmire, Kristian hardly stopped and used the AWD to scramble out and get back on track in 13th place...

From there, he worked his way back up to 6th place, before pitting for fuel and tires on lap 69 and handing the car over to his co driver, Chuck Hemmingson... The pit stop was flawless and the crew expertly changed two front tires, filled her with gas, straightened up the groceries in the back and got chuck back on track in record time...

Chuck wasted no time getting up to speed, working his way up into the top 6 and was challenging for 3rd place late in the race. As the pack he was racing with began lapping slower cars, Chuck got held up by one of the slower cars and eventually settled for 6th place overall and the well deserved cheers of the crew and on lookers...

The car ran flawlessly for almost two hours and 15 minutes and except for a few minor bumps and bruises looks no worse for the wear..

So there you have it , a Legacy Sport Wagon GT as a racecar, in near showroom stock trim taking on all of the sport coupes and sedans and showing it can do the job...

We had a lot of fun pointing out to interested fans that this Legacy runs a completely stock drive line, with stock boost, (Engine, trans and differential units), Stock brake system and ABS with racing pads... Stock suspension bushings and pickup points with aftermarket JRZ shocks and springs and the stock exhaust system with mufflers... We did ask GAC officials to allow an aftermarket sound system so that we could hear our car over the noise of other cars!!!

Subaru builds great cars and it was fun showing what the stock components could do in the crucible of real racing. We are very appreciative of the support and help that SOA provides and their unwavering commitment to excellence... We also need to acknowledge and thank all of the drivers and crew for their dedicated hard work and tireless devotion to the details day after day... Without Klevis, Jason, Paul, Carl, Bill, Franz and the many individuals who help out continuously , we would never be able to get the job done.

Next Race is Mid Ohio on June 24 an 25, so if any of you would like to stop by and see us, put that date on your calendar and stop by Mid Ohio and say hello.

Thanks again for all of you who stopped by and for the kind words and well wishes. We appreciate your support!!!

"Stock brake system and ABS with racing pads" ? this is why my wagon never got upgraded brakes. If it was good enough for a grand-am car, it's good enough for lapping days.

Although, at some point, a brake upgrade was done. The iteration of the wagon is not running stock brakes.

In 2007 they upgraded to STi front and rear. Later in 2007 came the FMIC and 18G.