LegacyGT.com

New Legacy by November?

Stuff

From https://www.automotive-fleet.com/332105/subaru-moves-up-2019-my-build-out-dates :

Subaru plans to begin deliveries of 2020 models to fleets in July for the Ascent; October for the Forester, WRX, and BRZ; November for the Legacy, Outback, and Impreza; and December for the Crosstrek.

This is for fleets so how much earlier is the Legacy likely to appear on dealer lots?

• 1 month later...
Not typically ... but they do end up in them. I've seen them in Portland, OR, and Pittsburgh from Dollar and I think Enterprise. Then you get other kinds of fleets as well such as for Salesmen. Our neighbor's son-in-law gets a Legacy or Outback for his company car back in Minnesota. No idea what he sells though.

the legacy will most likely start showing up in september... Subaru Legacy is is not typically a rental fleet car...

My buddy is in purchasing at Enterprise and they have been purchasing Legacies, Outbacks, and Foresters for the past few years. ....Subaru also indicated to him that they intend to capture some of the sedan market that Ford is abandoning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't get hopes up very high for either 2020 Legacy or Outback hitting the showrooms very soon. Production is basically halted because of a supplier problem. Employees are losing hours because of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't get hopes up very high for either 2020 Legacy or Outback hitting the showrooms very soon. Production is basically halted because of a supplier problem. Employees are losing hours because of it.

Well Sht :mad:

I wonder what supply constraints are hindering production, wonder if others are having the same issue(s).

I’d rather they stop it. They’ve had some bad experiences with bad supply parts before. People don’t care that the “supply company” had inferior quality stuff. At the end of the day their Subaru had a problem.

I’d rather they stop it. They’ve had some bad experiences with bad supply parts before. People don’t care that the “supply company” had inferior quality stuff. At the end of the day their Subaru had a problem.

+1 on that statement..

Well Sht :mad:

I wonder what supply constraints are hindering production, wonder if others are having the same issue(s).

The gist of what I hear is a supplier out of TN can not only not make a quality part, they cant keep up at all. SIA has sent a number of people to look into the issue rumor has it.

For now associates are being told production will be very limited, possibly through next week. Management is letting associates go home early daily if they wish. Those who stay are left doing busy work that by now has been done a dozen times already.

I hope they get it worked out sooner rather than later.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if SOA leaned on a supplier that bet everything on their account and can't ramp up fast enough. I've seen where suppliers invest heavily to fulfill a single account and aren't capable of administering the rollout efficiently. This happens a lot in the die-cast business and small electronic components business.

Whatever the delay(s) I cant wait to see one on the dealer lots. Its reminds me a lot of the WRX but not as round if that makes sense.

There was a brief stop sale according to the STIS regarding the prop shaft.

Appears to be an Ascent issue?

WUI-94.

It's not just an Ascent issue. B line doesn't run Ascent and they are only getting four hour production numbers. Associates were told last night the issue could run into October.

FWIW, B line runs all Outback, Impreza. A line runs all Legacy, Ascent, and a small number of Outback.

AFAIK, the issue isn't completely engine related but trim related. It affects all models.

Edited by hkshooter

Ok so there is a delay, Do a few limited run 2020 Legacys with EJ257. Make 1000 6MT and 1000 5EAT. Call it 2020 Legacy Sport Limited (LSL pack) Can't put STI, cause the market they now sell to don't want performance, they want gas miles. :lol::spin:

Hell just a limited run with a 6MT (the one from the XV those components work :lol:))would be glorious at the point.

I thought the engine variant for the non XT/Limited was the good ol under powered FB25? I did read that the engine has different internals and now is rated at 182hp. Sounds like general program rollout woes at this point.