LegacyGT.com

How often do you change your PCV

2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT

How often do you change your PCV? Do you wait until some symptom pops up, or just replace it at a fixed mileage?

I did mine 4 years ago. Just for peace of mind, I am thinking of doing it again.

Another cause of malfunctioned PCV Valve is leaking engine seals and spark plug oil seals which is hard for the engine oil to breath, I did mine last year with 131k Just figured it out when I changed the spark plugs because of the oil went thru the plugs.

Another cause of malfunctioned PCV Valve is leaking engine seals and spark plug oil seals which is hard for the engine oil to breath, I did mine last year with 131k Just figured it out when I changed the spark plugs because of the oil went thru the plugs.

I see you have a 2.5i, just wondering what your normal driving is like ?

Those of us with high miles and drive the car on the highway for distances don't seem to have as many issues.

Again 278,000 miles still with the PCV that came in the car. When I replaced the plugs in April, the plugs were bone dry. Oh I don't let me cars idle to warm up either.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Max I think your right I’m the second Owner and seems the previous Owner was an Old Lady which She barely use the car in the highways, it is a City driven car. I Just got it last year and there’s a lot of UP and Downs on it. Mainly Me which I Drive it crazy in the highway going 140kmh sometimes, the car engine adjusted on my Driving Habit and spent a little bit on it to get it running at it’s Best again, hopefully now it is mostly highway driven I hope that PCV Valve and seals I change should last longer.

Good to hear the car is being used as it was meant to be used.

Keep on eye on the oil level. I would suggest a few short mileage oil changes to get the insides cleaned out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here