LegacyGT.com

Engine #3, need some quick input.

Compression test and recent oil burning says I need a new engine. Probably going with stock short block with upgraded everything but cams. Guys tell me what you think of this. My gut says too good to be true. My current shop wont tell me its a good idea or a bad idea because they don't comment on parts they have never seen used.

http://www.subaruperformanceengines.com/imagepages/image20.html

Closed deck with bore/honed with pistons, $1200.00.

The only reason I am considering this is in case I go up from my efr 6758, to a 7163.

Again my gut says don't mess around. JMP though thinks its a good buy and I trust him a lot. But my shop will have to deal with it and I will have to pay for it and whatever comes after. They called the guy up and he used all the right words they said. And supposedly he gets his blocks used for $50/piece from 3 different dealerships, and often they have perfectly fine cranks.

Thanks!

Darton sleeved block, cp 100.5mm pistons, bc rods, new beefier main bearings,sti crank. Mild cam (Kelford 268 maybe) and some nice new polished valves. That’s the way to go for a 7163.

At my pricepoint I can either

get a stock block with upgraded pistons, bearings, rods, sti crank.

Or

This guys Closed Deck for the same price with upgraded pistons, bearings, rods and sti crank.

I'm sure your brands are as good as the ones my shop likes to use in regards to the internals.

Right now I won't be going over 450 with my 6758. In the future might go to 7163.

I change my comment, there are quite a few good builders, just do some searching and see reviews on it etc.

The 7163 is a blast in these cars. I wish I got time to do anything on mine but I live vicariously through my customers.....

Edit: actually clicked the link and changed a little bit of the post.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived