LegacyGT.com

Easiest to install aftermarket sub woofer?

I already have the OEM under seat subwoofer. And it's good and all but I need to get a little more bass. I don't want to rip up carpet and do crazy Jenkee wiring scenarios. Is there something where I can tap into the under seat sub harness to make an aftermarket woofer work? Or is there some other easier plug and play option to get an aftermarket woofer to work. I also think I blew my door speakers so if there is a good replacement option that fits right in and love to hear suggestions.

I already have the OEM under seat subwoofer. And it's good and all but I need to get a little more bass. I don't want to rip up carpet and do crazy Jenkee wiring scenarios. Is there something where I can tap into the under seat sub harness to make an aftermarket woofer work? Or is there some other easier plug and play option to get an aftermarket woofer to work. I also think I blew my door speakers so if there is a good replacement option that fits right in and love to hear suggestions.

The biggest issue with subwoofer installs is getting power to the amplifier. Without running power wires for it, your limited to whatever circuit the factory under seat sub taps into can handle before you (hopefully) pop the fuse or (worse) overload the wiring and damage something.

Running dedicated 8 gauge or larger power cables is what gets you involved with removing trim and lifting up the edge of the carpet.

Archived