LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

This makes sense now. For whatever reason I was dead-set on running a 245 cross section on my raijin. Hindsight something something.

been to that movie. rpf1 in 18x9.5 with 275/30's. It fit but didn't roll. I keep the pic as a reminder that money allows you to do really stupid things in-spite of good advice. That's how I know about 235/40. :)

been to that movie. rpf1 in 18x9.5 with 275/30's. It fit but didn't roll. I keep the pic as a reminder that money allows you to do really stupid things in-spite of good advice. That's how I know about 235/40. :)

I'm thinking of swapping my 17x9+38 Gramlights for Rota SVN's in the 18x8.5+48 flavor with some 235/40-18 Indy 500 tires. I love how the Gramlights fit in the rear (after rolling and pulling) but I can't stand the poke out front and the periodic rubbing on the front fenders if I hit a bump at certain speeds. I always thought the wider the wheel the better the grip but in conversations with you (boxkita) and reading some of your post I've come to realize there is more to grip that simply the width of the wheel.

I'm also considering swapping my T1 400LB spring for 500LB springs maybe even 600LB or a combination of both. 600Lb in the front and 500Lb in the rear.

All this for a car that will only see canyon runs periodically but daily driving duties Monday through Friday.

Edited by Gabo

All this for a car that will only see canyon runs periodically but daily driving duties Monday through Friday.

I need to get to work faster though.

Formula 1 teams spend millions chasing tenths, and our platform is so economical that we see gains from hundreds of dollars, and/or stickers. It's what make a Subaru not a Formula 1 car.

Sincerely,

Station wagon driver with super sports and slotted brakes.

I'm thinking of swapping my 17x9+38 Gramlights for Rota SVN's in the 18x8.5+48 flavor with some 235/40-18 Indy 500 tires. I love how the Gramlights fit in the rear (after rolling and pulling) but I can't stand the poke out front and the periodic rubbing on the front fenders if I hit a bump at certain speeds. I always thought the wider the wheel the better the grip but in conversations with you (boxkita) and reading some of your post I've come to realize there is more to grip that simply the width of the wheel.

I'm also considering swapping my T1 400LB spring for 500LB springs maybe even 600LB or a combination of both. 600Lb in the front and 500Lb in the rear.

My Grams (17x9+38) rubbed the Forester front fenders when I was being aggressive (245's). Nothing like busting 4 wheel slides on Tenaja Pass at 1am. Not enough to cause damage, so I said F it because the Grams were the first set of wheels I had ever bought just because I liked the look. But I had zero roll on all four and still had the rear rubber fender lip liners too.

With a 5" drop and bass north of 145db!

At least your still driving your car Gabe. Glad your getting some mileage out of the money spent. :)

I broke my rear door mechanism somehow.. went to open the door with the external handle, something snapped and fell down the door on the inside. Wonder how I'll get it open now.. inside handle doesn't work either, so it's stuck closed.

Has anyone ever experienced that?

My Grams (17x9+38) rubbed the Forester front fenders when I was being aggressive (245's). Nothing like busting 4 wheel slides on Tenaja Pass at 1am. Not enough to cause damage, so I said F it because the Grams were the first set of wheels I had ever bought just because I liked the look. But I had zero roll on all four and still had the rear rubber fender lip liners too.

With a 5" drop and bass north of 145db!

At least your still driving your car Gabe. Glad your getting some mileage out of the money spent. :)

Most definitely getting some miles out of money well spent. Hope all is well Mike.

Indirect to my 4th gens, my local pepboys is going out of business and they have a 40% off everything sale. Got a great deal on so many tools and things I've needed, and never bought my own. Weather's gonna be breaking the 60's tomorrow and I'm looking for a job for the first time in awhile.

Also, I'm picking up a complete f&r Brembo setup for my wagon, and I'll be moving my Wilwood calipers to my specB I believe. Pretty excited for that.

Surprisingly the Rota's are 20.9 Lbs while the Gramlights are 23 Lbs. Who would have known :iam:

rpf1 in 17x8 are 15lb, roughly. In 18x8, its 16 or 17. the 18x9.5 ws less than 20.

a high quality tire will be lighter too.

if you run canyons occasionally and DD all else, building a canyon toy is going to be less than fun most of the time.

I drove in 3rd gear all the time as DD as it was the middle of the power band. Got horrible mpg, but really great acceleration in traffic. The lack of mufflers just added to the fun.

Fast forward several years, it has mufflers. I use cruise control in 5th almost exclusively. the ride is super harsh and i never drive it on track. so my 95% useful car is now a 5% car. Then again, my consumables are an oil change every 2500 miles.

Figure what's most important and build for that. The joy you'll get makes up for any discomfort the rest of the time.

light wheels and crap tires are going to suck way worse than heavy wheels and great tires. I'd keep your heavy wheels and put on great tires. add good swaybars. and drive it like stole it. you'll never notice the swaybars when dd.

Don't get caught up in the crazy "i need the backend loose to corner" idea. more throttle fixes that every time. Don't believe me? go run autox on your current setup. run the slalom section with your foot flat on the floor and use the brake to weight the front wheels for turning. if you do it right. you'll swap ends by the 3rd cone.

/ramble

Finally finished the EVO X Recaro seat install, got the heated seats working. Just in time for a cold snap, and still need to make a replacement plate to mount the switch to in the centre console opening.

That's fantastic, now on my list. Where'd you source the seats?

A local junkyard out of a Lancer Ralliart, in Canada they had the same Recaro's as the EVO X, but with black on black alcantara/leather and heated. Side airbags are plugged in, no airbag light on the dash and should function if needed.

This link goes into more detail about the similarity of the EVO & Subaru airbag system: How To: Install Evo X seats in wrx/STi

Seat brackets are the LGT ones from Planted Technology, when I have some time I'll create a separate thread with more detail on the install.

2006 Legacy GT Wagon - Regamasters, Evo X Recaros, STI 6MT, Brembo 6-Pots (in progress)

@regashiii

Scored a hell of a deal yesterday, Picked up an engine from a running driving 08 WRX EJ255 with the VF46 turbo (ZERO SHAFT PLAY), intake manifold, injectors everything except the coil packs. For.... $150 the guy just wanted it out of his garage!

It was a 5 hour round trip but so worth it.

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

2020 has been a good year for the LGT so far. I've spent the last 2 weeks in northern WI putting the AWD and Blizzaks to use. Lots of great snow covered roads up here, just gotta look out for the deer!

LGT_Covered_Bridge.jpg.b6497e557f6fe094d06671f5c1f0c227.jpg

The car has endless grip but feels a bit numb compared to my 17” blizzak winters. Hence my lust for lightweight 17” summers with soft rubber.

I didn't go through the same extremes you did to fit my 18x8 Wedsports but I did come to same conclusion. This car just feels better on 17's. This is how I ended up with two sets of Sti wheels.

Here's the winter set with some custom snow work.

BBS_Snow.jpg.8f8b8258af3a30f73b82f2ad5a16678b.jpg

FWIW, I really don't find any difference when I put the Spec B wheels on my wagon. Both cars have the same tires, currently.

BTW, that's a great photo. The one with the covered bridge...;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Replaced 6th O2 sensor in my OBXT today. Got nearly 10k miles out of this one!

O2 saga link: https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5773620&postcount=247

I haven't been on this thread in a long time. The OB is back to stock suspension. The new Alltrack is on air and 19s.

49224246696_eacef3081a_b.jpg

49365901467_243989bd39_b.jpg

Turns out my rear door handle has a piece inside that actuates the slider to pull the cable to unlatch the door.. that piece snapped off the handle.. similar to this.

Does anyone have an intact ABP rear driver's side door handle?

#17 on here:

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_27/body_equipment_exterior/door_parts_latch_and_handle/illustration_2/

Specific part number:

http://opposedforces.com/parts/info/61022AG01ABE/