LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Replaced Amazon Denso O2 with a Subaru Denso.

Well, not exactly. I put the new one in the wide band hole behind the turbo on the Cobb DP. And I left the one month old Amazon Denso in the ELH hole just as a piece of junk to plug it.

Let's see how long this one lasts! Did you notice a major change in your afr with the position move? I remember some discussion about that (or I might have confused vehicles/usernames)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why so long? What am I missing?

The short story is... changed shops = new motor, changed shops = new motor, changed shops= new motor :spin:

The original build started in 2013

Currently running an out out front v4 closed deck, worked heads and breaking in a new sb stage three clutch. Once the clutch is broken in she will go back in the dyno.

Let's see how long this one lasts! Did you notice a major change in your afr with the position move? I remember some discussion about that (or I might have confused vehicles/usernames)

No difference. Nada. Reset ECU first, and it started up great, no hiccups, just running smooth. I figure it'll trim out any difference from the O2 location. Barely have any miles on it, but it's behaving fine. Road trip on Saturday, so we'll find out.

Replaced Amazon Denso O2 with a Subaru Denso.

Well, not exactly. I put the new one in the wide band hole behind the turbo on the Cobb DP. And I left the one month old Amazon Denso in the ELH hole just as a piece of junk to plug it.

part number? I am lazy :spin:

part number? I am lazy :spin:

even better: Amazon Prime shipped:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M72CC4P

Definitely came from a Subaru dealer. It has different markings on the O2 itself than the non Subie direct fit Denso. I have pics, I just need a friggin minute to update my build thread.

rebourne, what is the difference between the one you bought and this one: 22690aa70a. The latter shows up as 'fitting our car' whereas the other supposedly fits other car.

this: https://www.subaruparts.com/oem-parts/subaru-oxygen-sensor-22690aa70a

vs.

this: https://www.subaruparts.com/oem-parts/subaru-sensor-22641aa450?c=cT0yMjY0MUFBMjEx

@XT2005 - I bought this one in December

Rear 02 Sensor

22690AA69A

And I bought this as my front 02 (bought in October)

22641AA42A

I don't remember why I settled on those part numbers, but they seem to be working.

Edit: it was because they are what's listed on parts.subaru.com as the number for the GT / XTs.

Edited by Rhitter

I figured if it was good enough for side feed injector STI, then it was going to work with my 06. I did 300 miles on it this weekend. it was rock solid at all cruise rpms, pulling mountain roads n such under mild boost. I did get a knock event on the way home at 5th gear WOT. I'll keep an eye on that...

Thanks guys. I purchased the one I listed 22641AA32A. I will place it behind the turbo so as to get a more accurate reading. I will leave the old one in place for now.

On another note, lots of $$ left my bank account these past couple of days for a bunch parts.

Heads are done at the machine shop. Looks brand spankin new. Will probably start to put everything back together end of this week.

Synopsis: replace ej255 block with type RA version of ej257. ARP head studs. Add getadometune cyl#4 cooling mod. Add catch can and that's about it.

Yeah, I am currently not exactly sure which route I want to go for the catch can. For sure though, I do want a fairly inexpensive option. And I actually don't mind checking its content and empty it. This way, I'd keep an eye on how fast it is filling up, etc...

As for the warming option, nice to have. Although we are planning on moving to a warmer place where winter does not exist :spin::lol:

Chasing down the violent steering wheel shake I'm getting at 70+ mph and at lower speeds cornering. The driver side cv boot was destroyed so I changed it today with a axle off a part out car. Had 0 luck puling the ball joint so I ended up disconnecting the strut. Took about an hour and half with the dewalt impact. But it did not fix the the shake so my search continues. I'm considering a wheel bearing and bushings at this point.