LegacyGT.com

Black shifter surround to match black double din JDM HVAC?

I’ve been scouring the internet including the forums and can’t find a definitive answer. Was there a black manual transmission shifter surround for Legacy/Liberty GT? Doing a full stereo in my spec.B and the hvac trim units are only black now. I’d like to pull my number plate and set it aside for nostalgia and get a matching shifter trim but my search has been unproductive thus far. Thanks in advance!

Kaz

There are photos in the completed double din thread of some. I saw one that was wrapped and was thinking of doing the same. You COULD convert to the whole jdm/euro center console. It's all black and I think it looks really good but it's a pain and hard to find and quite expensive. The shifter bezel is a different shape so you need the whole center console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up painting mine. Flat black looked off enough that I could tell if I stared at it. Flat black with a flat clear just gave it an oem look. Matches the Jdm double din I’d say 99% of the way.

Sucked getting it right because if its too humid for the clear it’ll dry with white particles all in it and have to start all over.

Matte black wrap looks good to. I didn’t have it side by side to see if it looked exactly the same. But the wrap kinda looked to have a little more shine.

Yup krylon Matte Black and Matte Clear at walmart.

I did mine with plastidip flat black. It came out ok and is relatively durable.

Would love to see pics of these. Trying to figure out what exactly to do with my shifter trim and radio bezels.

• 3 weeks later...

Did the matte black and flat clear treatment... ended up a little more gray than the existing HVAC trim, which was weird because before I sprayed clear it was WAY more black than the trim was an I was afraid it would be obvious... but it’s “close” now but not exact. Thought I’d taken a photo and was going to post it but realized I had not. Will post pictures a little later today.

This paint is awesome! I had to go to a professional retail automotive paint shop to get it, but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere. What I like about a professional shop is that you can bring in a sample of the color you're trying to match, and they'll actually match it. Go figure! :lol: But this is what they gave me. I used a plastic prep beforehand, but alcohol works good too. It's flexible and it's only 5-10 mins between coats. Hardest part was taking the panels off and getting the trim off of the ashtray, which isn't too hard. But, it should be done if you want it to look proper.

IMG_3966.thumb.JPG.6d084ea157a8a804842ef4a96872429d.JPG