LegacyGT.com

2.5 L , wanna install a turbo

I forget is this a MAP or MAF car? I know its drive by wire. like AWDFTW said that is true. but there are some cheap ways to do it and there is the obvious 100% correct way.

One cheap way is using your NA subframe and snaking an exhaust up to a turbo in stockish location, if you know how to weld its like 3, 45 degree pipe bends going behind the subframe and you can use a stock or aftermarket down pipe at that point, if not hire an exhaust shop to help you. with using any stock N/A motor you will need to have a wideband to help you tune the car a healthy amount of boost is between 5 and 8 psi depending on if you have a MAP or MAF. lots of in between factors going this way, but that's some basics.

the right way is full harness, motor, and subframe swap from a WRX or legacy but you got to be carful of the later years because of CANBUS, but there can be ways around that now but is still a pain in the ass.

Ok, I have the following:

Time - some

Money - eh...moving on

Skill - can change the subbie motor in 2-3 days depending on the weather and the gf.

Knowledge - that's why I'm here...."if you think you know everything, you know nothing".

Let's get away from the turbo....ehsnils is right, bad ideal. How do I get 'Scubie' a bit better? Anything besides exhaust and cold air intake (which I hear is pointless unless it's right in the direct wind (which my subbie has a plastic that directs air directly to the box(which I removed the plastic 'guard' from the hood))) ?

I hear suspension is the only real thing you can do to these 35th's but that's hard to believe. Help me if you can.

Ok, I have the following:

Time - some

Money - eh...moving on

Skill - can change the subbie motor in 2-3 days depending on the weather and the gf.

Knowledge - that's why I'm here...."if you think you know everything, you know nothing".

Let's get away from the turbo....ehsnils is right, bad ideal. How do I get 'Scubie' a bit better? Anything besides exhaust and cold air intake (which I hear is pointless unless it's right in the direct wind (which my subbie has a plastic that directs air directly to the box(which I removed the plastic 'guard' from the hood))) ?

I hear suspension is the only real thing you can do to these 35th's but that's hard to believe. Help me if you can.

no point power-modding a 2.5i, period. honestly, sell it and find a 4th gen GT. the value of you car, assuming its in reasonable condition, and leveled off to stability. Its value, plus the value of any money you might put in to mods can get you a fine used LGT. There are several for sale on this site. assuming this car is your daily driver and given its age, modding it cheaply will end in failure.

no point power-modding a 2.5i, period. honestly, sell it and find a 4th gen GT. the value of you car, assuming its in reasonable condition, and leveled off to stability. Its value, plus the value of any money you might put in to mods can get you a fine used LGT. There are several for sale on this site. assuming this car is your daily driver and given its age, modding it cheaply will end in failure.

Ok, so we are clear....I'm not trying to have the fastest legacy around or even close to it. Just looking towards exhaust and cold air. I was curious if there were a few other motor things I actually can do for just a bit more pep. I'd prefer not to blow it up at 143k miles.

I was thinking about a different intake manifold if it was possible. But if not, I'll just take mine off and paint it.

What is the exhaust interchange list? Can I use exhaust manifold from an impreza? Found some decent pipes but...........

Gut front cats and remove resonator? (I am after that Subaru sound, all deep and aggressive like and such(I am fully aware this is not a WRX STI and will never be without a 10k dollar full drive train swap))

Can you link me the best, cheapest struts?

Finally, if you actually want to see Scubie, @Seven1Sicko on Instagram. It's not private, you don't have to follow it or sign up to see pics.

Factory intake IS a cold air intake. It already flows more air than the engine can use in stock form. Nothing to be gained but noise.

No power gains from gutting the cats either. Just emissions codes and more pollution.

There are no cost effective power gains to be had from the NA engine. None. Zip. Zero.

Enjoy what you have. Upgrade the suspension, brakes, tires to improve handling.

Ok ok. I wasn't trying to argue, I'm just a bit stubborn at times. Hate hearing no. Lol

Btw, just a side note. I live in Buffalo NY, the place where you car value gains appreciation as it survives another winter. That's not true at all but you get what I'm saying here.

Let's talk suspension....new thread.....