LegacyGT.com

2018 legacy worst cup holders in Amurica!

Heh. That's a funny complaint. I think the problem (to the extent there is one) is that there are no tensioners in the holders to secure a smaller cup. I'm not aware of an insert for smaller cups but maybe there is one available. My travel mug fits perfectly.

Drove Italian cars for years with NO cup holders. Italians consider driving and drinking coffee to be two unique and separate experiences... ;-)

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

• I Donated

Man, y'all spoiled. My Infiniti G20 didn't even have cupholders. I had to pull some from a junkyard Ford Taurus and install them.

More recently, I could only use one cup at a time in my Chevy SS because the left cupholder was directly in front of the manual shifter, so I couldn't shift comfortably with a cup in it.

More proof of the pussification of Subaru owners.

I tell ya, I’ve never seen such horrible cup holders in my life!

Unless you have a huge cup small cups are going to be flying!

Go drive a BRZ and then get back to us. ;)

Also, I trust these guys when it comes to cup holders, and they seem like them:

Try driving a Acura Integra around if your complaining about the worst cup holders Better yet my CLK500 or a CLK63 Black series if you can ever find a cup holder :lol: Edited by amusa

Oh no, Audi made the worst cup holders.

http://www.s93828994.onlinehome.us/ebay/005983/76.jpg

My 1998 A4 had ones like that. I think they only thing it could hold was a half-empty can. Everything else tipped out. It would be better to NOT have a cup holder, than to have that shitty Audi thing that promised to hold your beverage only to fling it everywhere later.

So here's the story ....

Back in 2000 I test drove a 1998 A4 (light grey cloth seats) and they let me borrow it overnight. So I did. Next morning, take myself and my coffee mug to work in that Audi. Mug fit snugly in the holder. First corner (and a sedate one, too) and my mug (which was semi-sealed) was tumbling across the passenger seat, flinging coffee all over the seat cushions, door trim, window, you name it.

Go back home and start to mop it up, but there's an obvious stain. Get upholstery cleaner, which worked, but there was an obvious 'ring' where I did the cleaning. Solution: Clean the WHOLE seat. With lots of water, and try to mop it up, but by the end of the work day it was still a wet seat.

I did end up buying the car and it was great until it hit 100k and off CPO warranty and everything started to fail and cost thousands to fix (typical Audi!). But rest assured, my wife and I continued to get suckered into using the cup holders and spilling crap everywhere.

WTF are you guys talking about, comparing your cars to a mid-sized family sedan!? Jesus Christ, this isn't a sports car, let alone your typical offering from the 90s...

On a road-trip, I want a comfortable, convenient, practical spot to put my coffee mug....in my mid-sized family sedan. This ain't rocket surgery, folks!

With all of that said, quit complaining OP; the cup-holders are fine! :p

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Do you not have the insert for smaller sizes?

My 2016 came with one. It's resting in the tool well now. :lol:

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

• I Donated
WTF are you guys talking about, comparing your cars to a mid-sized family sedan!? Jesus Christ, this isn't a sports car, let alone your typical offering from the 90s...

My SS was a model-year 2017 full sized family sedan. It also happened to have a 415 hp V8, RWD, and a stick shift, but the back seat was probably larger than the Legacy's.

Also not sure why cars from the 90s are disqualified. Or sports cars, for that matter. The OP said that the 2018 Legacy has the "worst cup holders in Amurica." Pretty sure that's false, as worse cupholders do exist in this country (or, in some cases, don't exist).

My 1987 Suzuki Samurai had none, but there was a flat spot behind the transfer stick and next to the handbrake where you could put something you didn't mind spilling every few seconds.

My SS was a model-year 2017 full sized family sedan. It also happened to have a 415 hp V8, RWD, and a stick shift, but the back seat was probably larger than the Legacy's.

Also not sure why cars from the 90s are disqualified. Or sports cars, for that matter. The OP said that the 2018 Legacy has the "worst cup holders in Amurica." Pretty sure that's false, as worse cupholders do exist in this country (or, in some cases, don't exist).

The SS is not a family sedan :lol:

Agreed the OP is full of crap!

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

• I Donated
I don't understand. Can you elaborate?

Four doors, comfy back seat, trunk, can fit a typical American family. Just like my Legacy, just a LOT faster.

There are people on the SS forums who put three child seats in the back seat. So arguably it's a better family sedan than the Legacys that don't have center LATCH anchors.