LegacyGT.com

Mystery object found in glove compartment

Hi, can anyone help identify this black plastic 'mystery object' found in the glove compartment of my 2010 Liberty 2.5i when I bought it in 2014?

It is stamped:

[subaru logo] SUBARU

MADE IN JAPAN

>ABS<

PARTON CH

-S22004750

AJ

I've googled these but got no result (apart from a lot of pictures of Dolly Parton with one combination, though none of them particularly revealing).

Thanks,

Roger

mystery01.thumb.jpg.c6a4a87eba4bbf0f56de9e91ee769b33.jpg

Mystery02.thumb.jpg.872e0e313bb2b079387016d43b4bb1f8.jpg

Mystery03.thumb.jpg.082c8e5214cd1a6558970cb4f26c5bcd.jpg

Hi, can anyone help identify this black plastic 'mystery object' found in the glove compartment of my 2010 Liberty 2.5i when I bought it in 2014?

It is stamped:

[subaru logo] SUBARU

MADE IN JAPAN

>ABS<

PARTON CH

-S22004750

AJ

I've googled these but got no result (apart from a lot of pictures of Dolly Parton with one combination, though none of them particularly revealing).

Thanks,

Roger

That is the divider for the cupholder in the center console.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

yup - definitely the center divider - it looks like you must have the cupholder with the lid over it (like the JDM cars) - that's why it's curved over on one side instead of being straight

Capture.thumb.JPG.fa05906b349471f6064460eae873bbd4.JPG

For five years... :lol:

That is the divider for the cupholder in the center console.

Thank you for your accurate answer (and for resisting the urge to comment further!).

For five years... :lol:

Picture five years of a Leslie Nielsen-type driver putting cups of coffee, diet coke, shakes and what have you in the "cup holder", cursing as they inevitably and repeatedly fall over at the worse possible moment, spilling on to laps, pants, seat covers, car seats, passengers...

Saying, "What a stupid design for a cup holder!" then forgetting until the next time.

Meanwhile, every few months coming across this odd piece of plastic in the glove box...what could this possibly be?

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone !

I also have a problem with the cup holder.

you know where you can find this part of cup holders (or complete replacement)?

models that came at Mexico are different from the American versions ... so I would like your help to find some online store with international shipments ...

Thank all for your help !!!!!

Hi everyone !

models that came at Mexico are different from the American versions ... so I would like your help to find some online store with international shipments ...

Here is the part from subaruonlineparts.com I dont think the divider is sold separately.4975c1f5141fccc1717c3b2c78beb1b7.jpg

Here is the part from subaruonlineparts.com I dont think the divider is sold separately.4975c1f5141fccc1717c3b2c78beb1b7.jpg

I've seen some dividers for sale on Ebay, but they were the U.S. version. Not sure if there are any international ones on Ebay. Maybe you could get lucky...

Hi everyone !

I have my old parts collecting dust: the upper trim and the defective cup holder (it has a broken bracket for the insert and it doesn't hold well, i just used some paper layers to put it in between). I don't have the small insert. Surface needs wrapping as is wearing scratches.

20 USD for all + shipping cost (from Europe it may be around 30 with EMS) with no fitment guarantee :) If anyone is interested - i can do pics.