LegacyGT.com

How to fix 2015 cloudy paint?

So just got a detail like 2 weeks ago. Asked them to take out the cloudy spots on paint, license plate lines, and scratches, etc. Long story short, got screwed. I know they can't make it perfect but nothing looks any better than when I brought it in. How do I fix this on my paint? I just paid for an outside detail so not trying to pay again for another one. Any tips? The whole bottom of my car looks white and cloudy..dont know why that happened? Would clay bar or black wax work? Also any ideas for the license plate lines? Pictures are right after I washed it.

Screenshot_20180620-212656.thumb.png.26d5de63d4b8048d87f7dace13c1cabf.png

Screenshot_20180620-212701.thumb.png.1f12da08822cb55e4610f3e9e4899b6a.png

Screenshot_20180620-212707.thumb.png.d4d94d2c770fad79e597a0611c2a2052.png

Screenshot_20180620-212714.thumb.png.251029791f10f620df16a5e3df2df510.png

To me, it doesn't look "cloudy" but it looks sand-blasted from everyday wear and tear.

Your member profile isn't filled out so I don't know what part of the country you live in.

I'm in NY and I take really good care of my car. Clay bar and wax every year, my self, by hand. Always washing and cleaning/buffing out scratches, etc.

But I also have similar sand-blasting issues from the winter driving around NY and CT. It sucks, but the only thing would be re-painting in my opinion.

Others may have different opinions.

To me, it looks poorly painted. But it could be wear and tear from road debris. Either way, I don't think it'll "come out", I think you'll need a respray or wrap. If you're still under any sort of warranty, you may want to reach out to Subaru Of America at 800-782-2783 and see if they have any ideas or suggestions - it's worth a shot, but don't be too upset if they can't assist, especially if you're out of warranty.

I just bought the car in December that just passed and bought it used. Not sure about my warranty? I know I paid extra for a 4 year/100,000 warranty but idk if that includes paint? Also live in NH and the car came from Vermont so makes sense it could be from winter driving...any idea how much it'll cost to wrap or respray?

Your extended most likely won't cover it. If you're over 60k mi, then you're out of Subaru Factory warranty. You'd have to research shops in your area, because everyone charges differently. Best of luck D.

I just bought the car in December that just passed and bought it used. Not sure about my warranty? I know I paid extra for a 4 year/100,000 warranty but idk if that includes paint? Also live in NH and the car came from Vermont so makes sense it could be from winter driving...any idea how much it'll cost to wrap or respray?

Did you notice the clouding when you bought the car? Was it just less prominent? It could be abrasion on the clear coat from the sand and salt during the winter months. When you look really close, do you see scratches in one direction?

I'd suggest speaking with the dealer where you bought the car first and see what they say. If they don't respond in your favor, take it to a decent paint/ auto body shop and see what they can do.

I will probably go to my dealer and see what they say. Though I don't think they'll be in my favor. Car only has 37,000 miles and I didn't notice it when I bought the car although looking back at pictures of it, in my phone it looks like it was there but barely noticeable.. it seems to look super white now which is why it's bothering me. Doesn't look or feel like it's scratches almost feels and looks like wax build up or something? I literally wash my car all the time though so idk. I guess I'll try my dealer then paint shop. Thanks!

Archived