LegacyGT.com

Wheels/offset thoughts

So I just bought a 2015 legacy 2.5i premium a few months back, been slowing changing stuff on it already got a JDM grill vinyl wrapped the chrome black and got some overlays and what not, i want to get new wheels next. Was looking at tirerack.com under my car selection and they have rims I want, i asked them if they would fit they said even if I size up to 18" everything will fit. Just wondering though it says offset : 45mm are these going to stick out from the side of the car? Im a female and honestly don't understand the whole offset thing been trying to read on it but it's just super confusing to me. Really just wanna know if there gonna look real stupid and stick out from the sides to the point where it's super obvious.

Really just wanna know if there gonna look real stupid and stick out from the sides to the point where it's super obvious.

If this is really your main question, we're missing a key variable here: the width of the wheels you're considering. An offset of 45 with an 8.5"-wide wheel will be further out than a 45 offset on an 8"-wide wheel. That being said, a 45 offset is actually quite conservative, and won't even stick out on an 8.5"-wide wheel. Heck, it won't even stick out on a 9"-wide wheel.

@redvenetian on Instagram

It says 18x8 so assuming 8" thanks for the reply though I wanted to double check before I threw $1,000+ on it and bought them. I also moved my license plate over to the side and I have these 2 white lines from the plate being there any suggestions on how to get rid of them? There driving me crazy wondering if I can fix it myself or if i have to get an outside detail or something.

Archived