LegacyGT.com

Will 245/45/19 with +45 offset fit 5th Gen GT?

Holy Daymn, they are on, I bought 5mm spacers but not even sure they are needed/ wanted? , The back scrapes over bumps, but maybe if I remove the spacers that will stop?

Any tricks to stop the back scraping?

These are definitely the max u wanna go on stock, I almost feel like i'm in a outback which I kinda like, feel quite a bit higher. No more wheel arch gap!

20190702-212418.jpg

20190702-212310.jpg

20190702-212303.jpg

Edit : so yea just to confirm it's 45 offset + 5mm offset that results In 40 offset.

Yea I will definatly experiment with the rear, I found that it's actually rubbing when going over bumps inside the middle of the wheel well, any tips or advice to anyone who has pushing in thier wheel well?, I see a few cables underneath a layer of plastic in the wheel well, so I'm a little bit scared to blast it with a heat gun, hmmm.

Is it even possible to push the wheel well up with heating?

Thanks guys, will keep this thread updated with updates loving the size, and the comfort of 45 profile tyres on 19 inch rims.

Edited by 2010 5EAT Legacy GT

Haha, yea my car is very dirty at the moment, its clay/dried mud from a trip in some wet non-tarmac conditions!

Just noticed something kinda weird. Inside the wheel lining there are a few grommets and what looks like a cable or something underneath a layer of plastic in the rear wheel wells.

Has anyone taken off their rear wheel lining?, I want to reshape it with a heat gun, but if there is electronic cabling running along in the wheel well, i'm not to sure that's a good idea!.

20190703-191304.jpg

So tight, but on another topic: Where in the world are you that you’ve got that kind of road spray right now? I want to visit you with buckets and soap and wax...

He's in Australia, where everything wants to kill you, including the road lol

Holy Daymn, they are on, I bought 5mm spacers but not even sure they are needed/ wanted? , The back scrapes over bumps, but maybe if I remove the spacers that will stop?

Any tricks to stop the back scraping?

These are definitely the max u wanna go on stock, I almost feel like i'm in a outback which I kinda like, feel quite a bit higher. No more wheel arch gap!

20190702-212418.jpg

20190702-212310.jpg

20190702-212303.jpg

Bro...the car looks great with the new 19" Wheels....I'll be purchasing some 19" pretty soon. So I'll keep you guys posted. I do intend to get 245 / 45 / 19" also

Thanks all, I removed my 5mm spacers on the back and plan to buy 0.5 inch strut spacers to compensate for my sag, will then look into bump stops! I found removing my spare tyres stops rubbing over bumps in the meantime XD haha

Calipers Upgrade for me...what do you think....

1674387327_FrontCaliper.thumb.jpg.8c6556ff1e16ab650fda2befbcd4847f.jpg

418248684_RearCalipersjpg.thumb.jpg.5842a1f1dc297312757207142203f91e.jpg

202351071_CarwithstockWheels18.thumb.jpg.1234a73a2d859b94968b769b7dc5d0f7.jpg

Those are from 01-up WRX's.

Those 4 piston calipers bolt on to our hubs, but you will need to replace your rotors with smaller ones.

Opinions vary on whether it is an upgrade or downgrade though.

But yeah they look nice, I had them on my previous Forester SG9.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did the oversized tire thing for a couple years. (235 50 18). looked great, but the rears would rub if I had people in the back seats. I went back to stock size once I realized it was throwing off my odometer reading. it was probably off by about 1500 miles over a 2 year period.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk