LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Thanks Dave! Yeah I'll probably do that if I cant find it online.

Let me know if you find it or can get someone on RomRaider to do it... I've been hunting for mine since I got the car and nobody has it/is active on RR forums.

Let me know if you find it or can get someone on RomRaider to do it... I've been hunting for mine since I got the car and nobody has it/is active on RR forums.

Sure, will do!

I googled the ECU details that came out on the Romraider screen and saw a few threads that had links to definitions. Havent really checked them out yet though.

I recall seeing a few threads with USDM 2010 Legacy GT definitions IIRC? Just passed by them though as I was looking for 5EAT definitions.

Unfortunately the definitions I downloaded dont include my ECU version. Need to look for the right definitions online.

Hey! I have the AE5F301C definition for our 2010 EDM Legacy GT 5EAT, available in RomRaider. Our local tuner Mark Bata is known as "MFB" there. I think he's the one who uploaded the definition for our cars. Is your ECU version different?

Hey! I have the AE5F301C definition for our 2010 EDM Legacy GT 5EAT, available in RomRaider. Our local tuner Mark Bata is known as "MFB" there. I think he's the one who uploaded the definition for our cars. Is your ECU version different?

Hi Ivan, yeah, googled my ECU version and saw MFB's thread. Figured it was him when I saw his location hehe! So no difference, I have the typical EDM 5EAT Legacy our market got. Appreciate the heads up!

I installed "Silvers Neomax " coilovers on my wife's 2011 legacy yesterday.

It took all day to do it especially when I hit the rears. The shock bolts didn't want to break for me. I was debating not to get coilovers but there are no options shock/strut wise for our cars. I really don't believe in modifying donors to make shit work.

One installed I drove around for a bit and it feels 100% better than the kyb/eibach's that I installed 30k miles ago. The kyb's just gave out too soon and were uncomfortable from the beginning.

I guess I will let the coilovers settle for a week and adjust ride hight and stiffness plus get a alignment. c930125e0e224b57563f2fa7864aefcf.jpg8ad1bc8e03d08fe04babd6a7787c10fb.jpgad196bdf92af5167d77e9d3690410dfb.jpg14fd9e0e5ed50bc19d3ea195bf0fcdfd.jpg5ad991bdaf60900eb0ad62d181824e4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I installed "Silvers Neomax " coilovers on my wife's 2011 legacy yesterday.

It took all day to do it especially when I hit the rears. The shock bolts didn't want to break for me. I was debating not to get coilovers but there are no options shock/strut wise for our cars. I really don't believe in modifying donors to make shit work.

One installed I drove around for a bit and it feels 100% better than the kyb/eibach's that I installed 30k miles ago. The kyb's just gave out too soon and were uncomfortable from the beginning.

I guess I will let the coilovers settle for a week and adjust ride hight and stiffness plus get a alignment.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Let me know how's the ride, I'm looking to do a suspension upgrade but I'm not sure yet on if I want to buy coilovers or just softer lowering springs, the ride on the stock setup is pretty harsh.

Let me know how's the ride, I'm looking to do a suspension upgrade but I'm not sure yet on if I want to buy coilovers or just softer lowering springs, the ride on the stock setup is pretty harsh.

If you want a set of soft factory springs, try the 10-12 springs with about 90k on them. That will soften them right up. :)

Are those Legacy '10-'12 springs? Will they lower the ride height?

They are, and I doubt they have sagged that much over the years. It was more of a tongue in cheek joke.

I'm not sure who would make soft lowering springs. The Eibach's are progressive, but I believe they are a bit stiffer than factory 13-14 springs. When paired with the Koni adjustable struts, I have heard nothing but good things about the setup.

Another option is the Cusco struts. I'm still on the fence between the two setups. I have the Eibach springs in my garage, but waiting to pull the trigger on the struts.

They are, and I doubt they have sagged that much over the years. It was more of a tongue in cheek joke.

I'm not sure who would make soft lowering springs. The Eibach's are progressive, but I believe they are a bit stiffer than factory 13-14 springs. When paired with the Koni adjustable struts, I have heard nothing but good things about the setup.

Another option is the Cusco struts. I'm still on the fence between the two setups. I have the Eibach springs in my garage, but waiting to pull the trigger on the struts.

Tein has a line of "comfortable" lowering springs IIRC.

Also, KYB has the Lowfer series that they mention to be comfort oriented too. It's a damper/loweting spring system though.

EDIT:

Tein H-Tech springs

https://www.tein.com/products/high_tech.html

KYB Lowfer description

https://www.nengun.com/kyb/lowfer-sports-suspension-kit

Edited by Scubaboo

I don't think the progressive Eibach's springs are going to much stiff if all than the 13-14 springs. (Having two cars with Eibachs).

I have no experience with Tein H-Tech Springs on a Legacy however I did have them on my Chevy Prizm with KYB struts. I went with H-Tech over the S-tech, because the H-Tech had less of a spring rate and were 1" drop vs 2". Some reviews on the forum said the S-Tech were a little stiff, but it seem like overall owners like them. With the H-Tech springs my Prizm was the worse riding car I have owned, I felt every crack in the road with that car. After making a post about my experience, a bunch of the S-Tech owners admitted there cars road like shit. Anyways, I would be very cautious about Tein springs if your looking for ride quality.

Perrin brake master cylinder brace for the 5th gen LGT

z7Ai0oa.jpg

Just kidding, had this fabbed up today!

I wanted to powdercoat it but got excited so we just painted it with the best thing we had on hand...VHT wrinkle paint in Perrin Red. :)

ruh roh...head gaskets, including new valve stem seals, new timing kit, and apparently i or the PO burned the hell out of the clutch at some point or another, so resurfaced flywheel and new clutch kit. Doing the front and rear main seals, cam shaft seals and oil pan gasket as well while everything's apart, so she should be good to go for quite a while. i do my work myself and have done head gaskets in the past, but not having a garage at this point nor a second car to get around in for the month of after work work it would take me to do it...shop. my wallet hurts already and i haven't even gotten the bill

69255343_460645494526564_5395128546169454592_n.jpg.ad385febecf78463759a2dea63c3797b.jpg

69549486_461030847821362_4637382833529159680_n.jpg.ef3f058b668485b444eabeabbf4f8905.jpg

69705418_461030887821358_1579496346480541696_n.jpg.45513e8146adddfa1d3cac51a2f93547.jpg

69926152_460645581193222_5540976719189508096_n.jpg.3d9d837186764f296ddd36b0a71abb05.jpg

Made an appointment later this month with the local Subaru speed shop to get my tS arms, bushings, ball joint, and H&R springs installed. Here's everything that's going in:

-Legacy tS Aluminum STI Front LCAs

-SuperPro Front LCA Bushings (Front)

-SuperPro Front LCA Bushings (Rear)

-Whiteline Roll Center Kit

-H&R Springs

Super excited!! :D

Well....it was end of summer clean up day today.

Washed...then clay barred....then waxed.......ready for the Pacific Northwest fall and winter weather :(

qgMum3J.jpg

Then I went to my golf course (What a surprise) where, by chance I ended up parked nose to nose with a nice 5th Gen 2.5i.....nice after market wheels, custom exhaust and rear OEM spoiler...... never did meet the driver but will keep and eye out for him in the future.

kqs1gd5.jpg

Finally worked up the nerve to stick the Magic Mount next to the gauge cluster for the AP like Gteaser has. Looks good so far.

eac19f676893757e6b6a7fbc6f6b5773.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after having the AP mounted in this location, I've come to not like it. Not sure if I mounted it too high or what, but my left hand blocks 3/4 of it. I may try sticking one of the metal plates that came with the mount to the back of the AP so it will drop down.

The only other option I see is mounting out outside the steering wheel area (to the left or right). Or, it may go right back to where it was with the vent mount.

Edited by Falcor

So after having the AP mounted in this location, I've come to not like it.

Thanks for your feedback on this location.

I have mine mounted on the left side windshield so its just above the vent. I was going to do GTEASER location but I found the Cobb mount was less than $15 on Amazon, so I decided to give that a try that 1st and ended up being happy with it.

I drive with my hand down in the 6 o'clock position more often than not so right in front of the MPG meter is perfect for me. However, I didn't want to chance messing up the windshield tint with a mount from there. If not for that I would have mounted it from the glass with an i-ottie mount I have. Also of note is the Gteaser position blocks off your trip reset, minor inconvenience but still happens. I mounted mine from the bottom of the gauge bezel not the side so I can slide it down and outward slightly as well.