LegacyGT.com

Turbo oil line Banjo Bolt

You can't trust their names because they have no standard.
I am fairly sure there is no filter in the 15194AA420 (b) & 15194AA270 (a) banjo bolts.

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

Edited by Libacy GT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I see it now. It's got a very small hole that seems to operate as a restricter. I called the parts department and he said it's not a valid part number for my car a 2010 LGT but it is a valid part number for one of the 2012 VINs I gave him from the registry.

Image should be here.

VM9jpWs

https://imgur.com/gallery/VM9jpWs

These are the part numbers for the two banjo bolts on the turbo diagram.

They are based on build dates.

Listed as requiring two of the standard bolt 15194AA270

02/09-04/10 (probably MY09 JDM and AUS)

02/10-04/10 (MY10)

The rest list only needing one indicating that the banjo bolt on the top of the engine was switched out for the newer part 15194AA420. Which is essentially the same bolt but with a tiny hole.

Edited by A_A_ron
image probs

Image should be here.

VM9jpWs

02/10-04/10 (MY10)

The rest list only needing one indicating that the banjo bolt on the top of the engine was switched out for the newer part 15194AA420. Which is essentially the same bolt but with a tiny hole.

On my car (AUS) parts diagram shows 15194AA270(*A) being on the oil return line to engine and part 15194AA420 (*B) being on the oil feed line to the engine. Which makes sense because oil feed needs to have the restrictor banjo connection on both engine and turbo.

and turbo oil feed is the only m10 x 1.5 banjo Bolt. All the rest on engine avcs , water in & return e.t.c are m12 x 1.25

FcZkIJc

I think the image link is failing. https://imgur.com/a/FcZkIJc

Working from home today and I just remembered I ordered a bunch of parts for replacing my turbo oil feed lines and coolant lines. Check it out. Looks like some the filter bolt in m10 and the 15194 bolts are m12.

Btw , can you confirm that the 15194AA270 bolt is the same as the 15194AA100 Bolt?

Looks exactly the same in the pic. One is for coolant lines and one is for oil lines.

Image should be here.

VM9jpWs

02/10-04/10 (MY10)

So for the oil feed line to engine. I'm still confused. Which part is it? My car build is 10/11

I contacted Partsouq, they never sold the part number 15194AA420, it doesn't even exist in their database.

I'll call my local Subaru parts department. I'm sure they will have it. I hate getting parts locally. It's an absolute rip off here. That one Bolt will probably be $25-30 aud locally. I once got a quote for an intermediate shaft for the centre diff, $700 locally. Bought it from partsouq for $250 delivered within 3 days. Is that a robbery or what!!

I'll call my local Subaru parts department. I'm sure they will have it. I hate getting parts locally. It's an absolute rip off here. That one Bolt will probably be $25-30 aud locally. I once got a quote for an intermediate shaft for the centre diff, $700 locally. Bought it from partsouq for $250 delivered within 3 days. Is that a robbery or what!!

Yeah that feels like a rip off. Must be some funky tax laws or something. If you are having trouble ordering a part hit me up. I'll but it and ship it out to you at cost. Might save you a little bit of cash.

What are you referring to?

The bolt linked is the banjo bolt that goes on top of the turbo for the oil supply line. It has a small hole but does not have a filter.

That M12 bolt linked does not go directly on turbo it goes to the engine somewhere. That Bolt is located on the other end of the turbo oil feed line. The Bolt directly on the turbo is part number 15194AA110 which is an M10.

I'm trying to find the part that goes to the engine which is the one linked. (15194AA420) but I just want to confirm if that's the exact one I need. On the "turbo charger" diagram it shows it as number 3 and as you said before number refers to 2 bolts depending on the year model.

My car build is 10/11

So I think I need Bolt 15194AA420 not Bolt 15194AA270

Is that right?

Edited by Libacy GT

That M12 bolt linked does not go directly on turbo it goes to the engine somewhere. That Bolt is located on the other end of the turbo oil feed line. The Bolt directly on the turbo is part number 15194AA110 which is an M10.

I'm trying to find the part that goes to the engine which is the one linked. (15194AA420) but I just want to confirm if that's the exact one I need. On the "turbo charger" diagram it shows it as number 3 and as you said before number refers to 2 bolts depending on the year model.

My car build is 10/11

So I think I need Bolt 15194AA420 not Bolt 15194AA270

Is that right?

Yes that is correct. You can use either (3) bolt but the parts department will tell you the exact one they "confirm" fitment on given your VIN number. One is the standard banjo and one is a banjo with a small restrictor hole. The m10 on top of the turbo also has a restrictor hole so I am not sure if it makes a difference.

Yes that is correct. You can use either (3) bolt but the parts department will tell you the exact one they "confirm" fitment on given your VIN number. One is the standard banjo and one is a banjo with a small restrictor hole. The m10 on top of the turbo also has a restrictor hole so I am not sure if it makes a difference.
Interesting. I wonder why they have the 2 types. Especially as one is completely without a restrictor and one has a very tiny restrictor, id say like 0.06"

I will ring them again and give them my vin this time. They should be able to confirm exactly what part I need. But now I'm curious as to why the big change in banjos. There is a restrictor in the turbo anyway. So maybe there does not need to be a restrictor further up on the feed line

What part did they tell you need for your car? With restrictor or without?

Edited by Libacy GT

The m10 bolt was about .058
Is the hole running through the middle of the Bolt the same diameter as the hole on the side?

Reason I'm asking is because for my new turbo I need at least a 0.078 size restrictor and I need to know if i have to drill both holes

Hole down the bolt looked to be about the same big tube as the standard. The one with the small hole was machined witch much more precision.

If you don't mind can you please measure the diameter of the hole through the middle of the m10 Bolt (15194AA110)? And also through the middle of the m12 Bolt (15194AA420)

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Libacy GT

• 1 month later...

There is one banjo bolt with a filter for each right and left AVCS. These shouldn't need attention unless you have had a number of burn ups or long oil changes. Depending on your car manufacture date there might be a banjo bolt in the turbo oil feed line that has a restricter but it's not a filter and won't clog unless there a chunk large enough to mess up your journal bearing too.

Given the labor involved getting to some of these bolts I wouldn't worry about it unless you are suspicious of engine abuse in the past. How many miles on your car? Do you have the VIN or manufacturer date?

what does burn up mean?

how many miles is to long for an oil change?

date is may 2010.

milage is just under 80k miles,i don't know as yet how often its been changed.i will find out next week, when I collect it.

what brand oil do you recommend?