LegacyGT.com

AWD light stays on

Hello all! New to the forum and to the Subaru world. Just snagged a 2007 Legacy sedan today for a great deal.

AWD light is stuck on. After some online research I have found 2 causes,

1. Different size tires; all tires are 205/50 r17

2. Low air pressure; all tires have between 36-38 psi(and it is 16* and snowing out.

What could be some other causes for this light to stay on? This is my first AWD car, I come from driving a 4x4 Grand Cherokee that was all time AWD. But when I drove this to DMV earlier in snow it felt like it was only FWD.

I wonder what the tread depth for all four tires is, and if they're within 2/32" of each other, or close to that.

I also wonder if a fuse has been put into the fwd fuse socket in the engine bay

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5066134&postcount=4

All the tires are very new. Idk exactly how old but that was one of the things that drew me to it.

I also looked around in the engine bay and did not see that fuse that I have seen in some YouTube videos

BINGO BANGO! the YouTube video I watched, the fwd fuse was in the back left corner of the engine bay, not in the fuse box like in my car. I opened the fuse box, located the fwd fuse and sure enough there was a 10a fuse in it. Pulled it, started the car Nd light went away.

Now hopefully my car will be a little more comfortable in the snow on my way to work tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the link apexi!!

Pay attention to if it drives differently with the fuse out, it may have been a reason for it being installed - something not working properly.

What should I watch for? As I said this is my first Subaru so dont have much to base it off of as I've only driven it a few times now

Archived