LegacyGT.com

Extended warranty finally paid for itself

I purchased my 2015 Subaru Legacy in I think Oct 2014. I purchased 7 Year 0 deductible for ~1000. Took my car in for service, and they noticed a leak from the the Timing Cover. They charged Subaru ~ 1500 for the repair and I got my Oil change for free since they would of had to do it anyway. Of course since I've had my car, I've had to do get some warranty service done (replace MicroSD card for Maps, etc.)..but it did save me some money getting it.

How many miles? I put 77k on mine before I traded it in.

I currently have 55k on the car and have at least a year left on the warranty. Probably will trade it in once the warranty is up.

All I've spent on the car has been

Front (@55k) and rear brakes (@~30k)

set of new tires @~30k

replaced trans fluid at @~30k

Spark plugs @55k w/ cleaning

Brake fluid @55k

Oil changes

3-4 car detailing

My 2015 has less than 50,000 miles on it (retirement x pandemic= low mileage). I took it to the dealer for what was supposed to be the 66 months/66K maintenance, which is next to nothing. Imagine my surprise when I was told that I had a head gasket leak (the good news is that it was only one gasket) "but since we have to take the engine out, we recommend replacing both gaskets and we'll treat you right." Thank goodness I was enough of a sucker to buy the extended warranty.