LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I added a rear diffuser to the rear. I think it looks good, what do you think?

Installation looks good, and I'm generally a fan of racecar looking things. Then I think about if that would work on the wagon, and there's this little voice that says no don't do that. The wagon isn't nearly race car enough.

Do you have any fuller rear 3/4 shots to see the vehicle package as a whole?

I added a rear diffuser to the rear. I think it looks good, what do you think?

I like the way it looks. Does it do anything besides looks on the Legacy?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Replaced the right rear ABS sensor on the wagon today.

Took little over an hour to get the old one out. Had to let the Areo-Kroil have time to handle the rust. When out just after 10AM to get the job started. After I got it out, I had to called the Dealership back, about our 2018 Outback, then I talked to my buddy in the Parts dept. to see if he had a ABS sensor, he didn't but could get one tomorrow.

After booting the PC, searching for the correct OEM part # and then looking at NAPA's site, at 11:28am NAPA confirmed my order ($56.00 after my AAA Discount), at 11:31am Napa said the order was ready for pick up. I had the new sensor in, started the car, backed it up and down the driveway all the tools put away, took a shower and made lunch, that was done by 12:25pm.

Will take the wagon down to pick up the Outback later today and put some miles on it to see if the ABS light comes back on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

just heard about "smoke infusers" for cooking purposes, which sounds like a cool way to dual-purpose a car tool. Apparently the Breville Smoking Gun Pro ($150) is a nice kitchen-use tool. Time to get the wife a present!

even better, it's only $100 on amazon right now!

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Yeah I know, I had to get one of my mufflers replaced in my last state inspection and they messed up my left tip. That is the next thing on my list. I got the diffuser on Ebay. It was the 34"x6" Rear Lower Bumper Diffuser. It only cost $24.

can probably fix that with some worm gear clamps on the rubber exhaust hanger bushings. or upgrade to some polyurethane ones.

otherwise looks pretty good.

Pulled the left shock and lock-tighted the nut below the saggy butt spacer, which didn't fix the squeak. Disconnected the sway bar, which didn't fix the squeak. Silicone sprayed all the bushings which didn't fix the squeak (just to see if it would help identify if it was a bushing, not expecting a "fix").

Ordered new rear upper control arms (last of the OEM bushings in the rear, at 245,000 kms!) from Rock Auto. I'll throw those in when they get here and if that doesn't fix it then I'm taking off all the arms (not the trailing link) and greasing every bushing.

I picked up my new header from getting cerakote finishing. I still have to wait to install because of curing. I also scored a brand new cobb uppipe from facebook marketplace for $100.

On another note, has anyone with a wtb ad gotten messages from new (as in same day) members saying to email a friend who has the part? It has happened twice in the past 2 days and I'm thinking it's a bit fishy.

I picked up my new header from getting cerakote finishing. I still have to wait to install because of curing. I also scored a brand new cobb uppipe from facebook marketplace for $100.

On another note, has anyone with a wtb ad gotten messages from new (as in same day) members saying to email a friend who has the part? It has happened twice in the past 2 days and I'm thinking it's a bit fishy.

I wouldn't chase that rabbit.

not on this forum (haven't WTB anything here in a while) but I've got that same response on my audi forum in recent years. I've always treated them like scammers. I've asked for more info and usually never get anything.

Here is a shot of the whole back end so you can see how it could look on your wagon. I think it looks cool for all they cost. I doubt they do anything performance wise to the car.

It's unlikely to do anything performance wise. That's not really a diffuser as much as it's strakes. Even theoretically it might reduce some exit turbulence but a diffuser would need to come up into the bumper area more.

Not trying to get into the weeds or too over the top. I personally love it and love cars that have it molded in like on the audis, wrx, etc. Looks very oem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Towed a big ass trailer from slc to Detroit. That was an experience. Outback did well though considering I was either pushing or over the claimed tow limits.

How heavy was the trailer? Asking for a friend who may be considering the questionable decision of towing a car with his LGT <.< >.>

Washed and waxed the wagon yesterday but my version of washing and waxing went from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM because I include washing the gas filler recess and door, the four door jambs and metal parts of the door that are only visible when the doors are open and the body parts revealed by opening the liftgate. My supply of Mother's carnauba wax is dwindling. I also did some cleanup under the hood.

We have a trip scheduled for the weekend beginning Friday night that will take us through Barrie to Orillia to Bracebridge to Huntsville and a lot of other places in the Muskoka and Haliburton areas.

How heavy was the trailer? Asking for a friend who may be considering the questionable decision of towing a car with his LGT <.< >.>

I've wondered if KW coilovers with the hydraulic lift in the rear could be used as a sort of ride height compensation in the rear when carrying a lot or towing. KW says for use under 50mph but whats another 20mph between friends right?

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

2005: Greased the left side swaybar end links and frame bushing and reinstalled. Will do the right side some time this week. Sprayed upper control arm nuts and bolts with liquid wrench and tried to figure out which tools I can actually fit it there, not looking good on that front.

2007: Dropped off at Subaru to fix their leaking axle seal job.

Idk yet. My friend complained when I wanted to stop at the scales lol. I'll weigh it in the next few days and make some guesses about cabin items.

Empty it's 1900lbs plus about 200lbs tongue weight. I'd guess we added 700-1000 lbs. There was definitely too much tongue weight for the car but I think we loaded it properly. I was pretty unhappy with how high the front sat. Jdm leveling lights woulda been nice.

I'd say if you know the car and what to check and the condition of your car. You can do it. Probably. Once. Lol. It worked but I'd tell people not to do it often.

That said the uhaul 5x8 is 1000lbs lighter dry.

I've wondered if KW coilovers with the hydraulic lift in the rear could be used as a sort of ride height compensation in the rear when carrying a lot or towing. KW says for use under 50mph but whats another 20mph between friends right?

Uhaul says to stay at 55? I'm not sure how that works exactly but well there was a lot of weight on that axle. Idk that speed is your issue lol.

I know what my 4,000lbs+ MasterCraft feels behind my truck, no way would I put that kind of weight behind my LGT. You'd be better off renting a box truck and towing the car.

If you do use your LGT, make sure you have some trailer brakes.

Edited by Holla

I know what my 4,000lbs+ MasterCraft feels behind my truck, no way would I put that kind of weight behind my LGT. You'd be better off renting a box truck and towing the car.

If you do use your LGT, make sure you have some trailer brakes.

Well I'm thinking the total weight was around 3k. Part of the reason to get the big trailer was having surge brakes. The small trailer has nothing.

Renting a truck and tow dolly was over 1k more and uhaul claims 10 mpg unloaded. Although not premium gas.

Drove the wagon today after letting it sit for the majority of the week to drive the S2000. Excellent fall/turbo weather this morning.

Got news that Circuit Demon finished up my JDM facelift headlights and I should have some pic's later today. After about a 3 month wait on these I should be able to start diving in on the JDM facelift next weekend. Now I need to speed up figuring out my fender vent situation/plumbing.