LegacyGT.com

Thinking of saying goodbye to the Legacy

Its has been an amazing run, i have owned this car longer than any other I've owned. But, since quarantine, its driven less than 500 miles, and I hate to see it sit.

What are 2010 GTs going for these days? It has the standard upgrades, and is in good shape. 137k miles, decent, but not great paint. I didn't see any for sale, so I ask the forum.

Thanks.

2010 Legacy GT

137k miles.

Timing belt done at 100k

Clutch done at the same time

New head gaskets and arp studs at 115k

Gt spec bilstien struts rce black springs

Sti short shifter

Invidia catted downpipe at 100k

Full nameless cutback at 100k

Intercooler

Access port stage 2 map

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out, but it hurts to even think about letting it go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just accepted an offer on mine for $5500. I have 204k miles and a bunch of mods including turbo back exhaust and FMIC.

I listed mine for $8500 for a couple of weeks and didn't get a single bite. Lowered it to $6000 asking and here I am.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/scottsdale-2010-legacy-gt-limited/7170289219.html

We just discussed this in the 5th Gen random thought thread a couple weeks ago, which Sarang was asking questions.

I just sold 127K mile 2011 GT for 10,500; my car was pretty clean. I would think your car is worth a little lower than that being a year old/10k more miles.

try carmax. might get close to bluebook

I didn't get a Carmax quote, but try did the Carvana for reference. Carvana's offer was $4300 for my 2011GT. Clean car, clean history. I can only think the miles for turbo car/MT were detractors. Maybe all the 4th Gen turbo failures are affecting the prices of all Legacy GT's.

turbo used cars have a very low resale in general.

Not Subarus, have you checked prices on the STI models even early 2000s can get to $10k quick with a clean title and good maintenance/care. A well maintained car can get top dollar for sure, but it also needs to show through in the pictures and paperwork, saying you did the timing belt and headgaskets is not the same thing as showing the paperwork from the well-regarded shop that you paid to have them done at. For our platform you need the patience to find the right buyer. I think most people give up too soon because of frustration.

yeah, these cars are definitely niche, and finding someone who *wants* one and is willing to pay for a good example, versus someone who will just kinda take one if the price is right is a completely different thing...gotta see if you can snag a would be wrx buyer and sway em over to the dark side of no platform support and aftermarket ha

I didn't get a Carmax quote, but try did the Carvana for reference. Carvana's offer was $4300 for my 2011GT. Clean car, clean history. I can only think the miles for turbo car/MT were detractors. Maybe all the 4th Gen turbo failures are affecting the prices of all Legacy GT's.

I decided to run a quote on '12 2.5i 6MT that I used to own to see if it was MT dragging the value down. I put in 127k miles and very good condition. The price was $3913, it had a value of $2574 and adder of $1339 for market adjustment. I noticed on that page that Carvana uses KBB for value.

I went to KBB for a 2012 2.5i, The $2574 value was the trade in condition in fair shape. The total value Carvana offered was about $500 more than the trade in excellent shape.

I ran 2011 GT, the offer was the trade in fair shape (even though I put in very good) and Carvana did not put in a market adjustment adder for the GT like it did with the 2.5i.

I would not say in general that all turbo model have lower value. I can think of plenty that the turbo models are quite a bit more expensive and are in high demand. I think if enthusiasts are interest in them, the values are not usually low. I did a little playing with the book values, WRX of the same year as the 5th Gen are worth more than the GT even though the cost less new. I looked at both WRX Sedan and Hatchback prices both were higher.

I think average buyer though looks at turbo engines as more maintenance and premium gas. The Legacy GT is wrapped in an average 4 sedan. It does not catch the eye of the enough enthusiasts. It is more of a historical footnote, interesting but not interesting enough. I think the 4th Legacy GT & Outback XT may also suffer from this as well with exception of the 4th Gen GT Wagons.

Edited by dgoodhue

I recently purchased mine with 160k on it for $8,500. To be fair though, it was completely unmodified, honestly the mods are what ruin the resale value IMO. Moded usually means driven hard, to a lot of potential buyers like myself.

Edit: I wanted to mention also that I live in Colorado and AWD vehicles ALWAYS sell for more out here.

Edited by decoy

Not Subarus, have you checked prices on the STI models even early 2000s can get to $10k quick with a clean title and good maintenance/care. A well maintained car can get top dollar for sure, but it also needs to show through in the pictures and paperwork, saying you did the timing belt and headgaskets is not the same thing as showing the paperwork from the well-regarded shop that you paid to have them done at. For our platform you need the patience to find the right buyer. I think most people give up too soon because of frustration.

Subaru platform was not mention.

again this platform, is not for your general public.