LegacyGT.com

2011 Legacy GT

I got some bad new and then some great news all in a couple of hours a few weeks ago. I had a 2011 legacy 2.5i that i bought brand new in 2011 when i bought it there only had 3 legacy gt's left in the country at the time and no dealer would dealer trade them so i settled for the 2.5i at the time. I traded my 04 STI in on it and missed the car everyday since lol.

Fast forward to a week ago a lady without insurance and without a license ran into me and totaled my legacy but lucky for me i work for a dealership and fate have it they just took in a 2011 legacy gt in on trade only a couple hours before the accident. I was able to pick the car up that day and drive it home and im in love all over again!

I have already ordered a bunch of stuff for it and look forward to the build ahead.

i dont know much about the service history it looks like whoever had it before me took really good care of it. i got a 3/36k warranty on it for that reason lol. i look forward to blowing it up and taking advantage of the warranty to replace it with some better go fast parts. i cant figure out how to get pictures to upload on here or i would post pics of it.

i have the top mount, ic piping, invida down pipe, invidia n1 exhaust, samco turbo inlet, perrin top mount coupler, and an ap3 on the way for it already. i have already done basic maintance stuff changed all the fluids and i put the power stop front and rear brakes on it with slotted and cross drilled rotors on it as well. i also put an oddyssy battery in it with 830 cca for a small stereo build i plan on doing. its going to be a fun daily im not looking to do anything crazy right now with it.

i dont know much about the service history it looks like whoever had it before me took really good care of it. i got a 3/36k warranty on it for that reason lol.

You should download the MyCarfax app. All you need to do is enter your vin or your license plate and the state, and you get all the service history on your car for free.

You should download the MyCarfax app. All you need to do is enter your vin or your license plate and the state, and you get all the service history on your car for free.

Or you can advertise your car on craigslist and some will sell you that information for $20 :lol:

Congrats on the 2011 GT. They made 300 of them for the US in 2011. What color do you have? How many miles does it have?

The Cobb AP will complete change how the car feels since the factory limits the boost in 1st and 2nd gear. I don't know if I would have done the other mods immediately. I would have prioritized the Cobb AP, shifter and suspension mods.

STI 20mm Rear. Sway. Bar.

FTFY

You should line up a custom tune, I don't know how much you have followed these cars, hopefully the Jpipe is catted since aftermarket catless exhausts have not paired well with the small turbine housing on the turbo.

Get a good tuner who knows the platform, not just Subarus. I know all too well how much an impreza tuner doesn't bring out the best in this car.

Congrats on the 2011 GT. They made 300 of them for the US in 2011. What color do you have? its Crystal Black Silica How many miles does it have? 118k its the 6 speed manual

The Cobb AP will complete change how the car feels since the factory limits the boost in 1st and 2nd gear. I don't know if I would have done the other mods immediately. I would have prioritized the Cobb AP, shifter and suspension mods.

i have everything ordered and plan on installing it all at once

FTFY

You should line up a custom tune, I don't know how much you have followed these cars, hopefully the Jpipe is catted since aftermarket catless exhausts have not paired well with the small turbine housing on the turbo. i went catless so fingers crossed it works. i have a local shop ecotech and misha is going to dyno tune everything once its installed. i had a dyno tuned sti a while ago.

Get a good tuner who knows the platform, not just Subarus. I know all too well how much an impreza tuner doesn't bring out the best in this car.

Congrats on the GT! I went from a 2.5i to a 2010 GT as well. Love the car.

Definitely What FL legacy said. Get it protuned. Much much better than the Cobb tunes and with those mods the Cobb tunes won’t work right anyway.

May I recommend at Ed at XRT? He’s a genius with this platform and can e tune it. He did a great job with my 2010, and helped me correct the issues with the car easily.

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/

He also has a Facebook page - xtreme racing tuning.

• 1 month later...

The wife surprised me with some wheels! I like the look with the new brakes as well. I’m going to take the calipers off and paint them just having figured out what color I want to go with yet but I’m leaning toward orange.

f5a62bd489c2da020b067975643e24ab.jpg

124c6a3432f8c3f2e47e9eabfec41816.jpg

99d57ade3519d0f12a3e82bc93b6a6f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk