LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Legacy GT history question

As we all know, the US/CA 5th Gen Legacy 2.5GT was discontinued after 2012. In the refreshed 5th Gen Legacy GT, Japan got the FA20DIT with HTCVT. Was this the case for the rest the world where Subaru sold the Legacy GT? Did any other market get a EJ255 Turbo option for 2013 or 2014? If the US did not discontinue the LGT, would have we gotten the FA20DIT with a likely HTCVT in 2013 & 2014?

Huh, learned something today. Guess I was mistaken. It is still accurate that the 6MT was discontinued worldwide in 2012 though, even in Japan.

Since they killed the GT in '12 in the US, that's true - they kept it in other trims until MY15 in the US, anyway. (both the 2013 and 2014 Legacy 2.5i was available with a manual) The manual was offered in 2015 in Canada, not sure about after that.

Since they killed the GT in '12 in the US, that's true - they kept it in other trims until MY15 in the US, anyway. (both the 2013 and 2014 Legacy 2.5i was available with a manual) The manual was offered in 2015 in Canada, not sure about after that.

The last year for the CA Legacy 2.5i 6MT was 2017. Maybe just referring to 6MT LGT's?

Archived