LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2006 Baja Turbo - IAG built motor, Dom 1.5XTR, Cobb Flex Fuel, Brembo, Recaro

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the good ole burnt pins in the pump/sender plug on the top of the pump basket assy.

There was a recall for certain Libertys locally, but I’ve witnessed the issue on all models...

Better check mine, again - again :p

I have seen the burnt pin on a couple 5th Gen as well. I think that is why Subaru has the fuel filter assembly as a 60k maintenance interval. My 2009 has a similar assembly, but it doesn't have an interval.

Losing a motor with 1500 miles is quite a pill to swallow particularly on your beater. Especially given that I had not driven it hard at all since the issues were obvious from break-in to post tuning. I have really had zero fun on the build. Oh well such is life...or such is 2020!

I hear you, I had a scare on my '12GT when I blew the charge pipe at the track. It wouldn't run enough to move, so I assumed the worst. I already had an another car with a burnt valve, so two pulling two motors until I figured it I had a pit in the bottom of my stomach. I have been always of the opinion if it break at the track, I will fix it. I have added that motto, don't race your daily driver at the track if you don't want to fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

No stalling, cold start idle is smooth, AMAZING!!! Seems like the bad luck Baja is back on track.

I wonder how long it will take to get used to it behaving normally. Everytime I'm rolling to a stop I'm staring at the tach wondering when it will stall. It will be a hard habit to break after doing that for almost a year and a half.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Picking it up in 2 days.d9f5e9f7d6bcf0db2817deddd3d83583.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

In the voice of Borat...wowoweewow!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek