LegacyGT.com

dgoodhue's '12 SWP Legacy 2.5GT

The BPV return line has never been an ideal solution with the RacerX setup but it has worked. It was an off the shelf solution made for some GM car that Bryan was able to find. The specific application is probably in his thread. Doing something custom for that would have put the charge pipe price a lot higher and maybe made it cost prohibitive for Bryan to produce. I was planning on using silicone hoses and short sections of aluminum pipe to make something that matches the charge pipe.

The BPV return line has never been an ideal solution with the RacerX setup but it has worked. It was an off the shelf solution made for some GM car that Bryan was able to find. The specific application is probably in his thread. Doing something custom for that would have put the charge pipe price a lot higher and maybe made it cost prohibitive for Bryan to produce. I was planning on using silicone hoses and short sections of aluminum pipe to make something that matches the charge pipe.

Good idea, I may look into that over the winter when I am not driving my GT. I already had an idea about the BPV was not being ideal from my research.

I needed my GT to run this week to drive to work so I had to get it working. My girlfriend's car is down for a week, so she is driving my Outback and my Syclone is blocked in my garage by her car.

Edited by dgoodhue

• 4 years later...

I sold my 2012 Legacy GT. the new owner wants the stock exhaust and wheels, so I will be doing the swap tomorrow. I am going to be sad to see it go, the car is still in excellent condition even at 131k miles.  The only problem I have had with it is the stock charge pipe bursting at the track, otherwise it has been dead reliable for me.  I still have my 2010 Legacy GT winter beater for now, but I plan on selling that one eventually too.  

• Like 3

Yes I did order the TR.  The port date is a scheduled for April 14th and it should arrive at the dealership a couple weeks after that.  I am pretty excited about it.  

it was an exhausting day swapping the exhaust and removing the tow hitch. I moved the stock tires out of storage but didn’t get around to putting the stock rims on yet. I had to push around one of my other cars with a completely dead battery. I am beat.  

• Like 3