LegacyGT.com

Updated nav now stuck in freedom units

Just updated my '15 from NU9007 to NU9020 and now the maps show everything in feet and miles rather than metres and kilometres.

The only place that talks about changing units only allows for a currency and date format to be used. I've tried setting currency to CAD and CAN but neither of those do anything.

I feel like I'm overlooking something so simple but I've gone through all of the starlink and map menus and can't seem to find a setting.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Just updated my '15 from NU9007 to NU9020 ...

You appear to have applied the wrong update file(s). NU9020 is for MY 2015 Fujitsu Ten head units without NAV, NU9021 is for MY 2015 w/NAV. (See TSB 15-205-16R, dated Jan 30, 2019.) That said, there's no guarantee that U.S. and Canadian models even use the same update files.

Is it possible to recover successfully from NU9020 to NU9021? Who knows?

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Thanks. It does appear that NU9020 isn't for the Nav units. I made a blind assumption that the files went NU9017 > NU9020 > NU9021 but that's wrong.

Hopefully I can get a hold of the NU9021 files soon and try another update.

Other than the units being in imperial rather than metric, everything else is working properly.

Thanks for the follow-up. Glad it worked out for you.

Lesson learned: Details matter!

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png