LegacyGT.com

Auto to Manual swap (HELP!!)

I had a question to ask. Is it possible to put in a manual ECU into a auto to manual swap car, same model?

Reason I'm asking is because my legacy is a auto to manual swap(by previous owner). For some reason it isn't idling right. It idles between 1100 and 1500. Checked all sensors and they turn out to be good. I can get into the obd2 connector. I get power but no link. The check engine light doesn't come on...bulb isn't blown.. was hoping to do the manual diagnostic codes but engine light won't come on. Also, when plugging in my maf... the engine won't start... but when I unplug it, it will start right up.

Need some help please!!

Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Well I've actually just got this car about 2 weeks ago. No engine changes made by me. The car has a short ram intake, after market piston and rods, and that's about it. They still have the neutral switch connected so I'm assuming the auto ECU is still in the car. The issues I'm having is just idle issues. The car runs good other than a high idle.

lol yup I could agree, was probably a Honda owner. I'm looking for an oem air intake now to replace the short ram. I've already gotten the stock maf. I sprayed some brake cleaner around vacuum lines and actually found a leak around throttle body. It seems they used a paper gasket. I have a metal gasket, so going to swap it. While I have the throttle body out, I'm going to clean it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds to me like you're working through left over issues from the guy who did the swap - it was "95% complete"

Did you get a complete description of all he had done? File of receipts/records?