LegacyGT.com

Magnaflow Catback reviews for '10 LGT

Hi everybody!

As i’m new here and new Subaru owner as well i just want to say hi first to all of you guys! So i just purchase a super clean 2010 Legacy gt, all stock... As i found this model very quiet for a turbo subaru, i’ve start looking for aftermarket exhaust to give it a nice deep tone and today i found a very cheap price on amazon on the magnaflow catback (16377)... they are going for 900$ something on most sites and ebay but i found it for 430$ on amazon. So i was interested in your opinions on this specific catback... is it worth it? How does it sounds? Is it too loud?... And as i said previously, my gt is all stock.

Cheers!

I can't say I have heard our cars with magnaflows before, but I did have a local shop put a magnaflow and chrome tip on my forester a few years after I got it. It definitely had a nice tone to it and wasn't loud or droney. It would most likely be just like that for the legacy, especially with the stock Jpipe. It should definitely be worth it, as long as it is a complete catback, they tend to be pretty pricey for our years of LGT.

I have the magnaflow catback... a price that cheap is suspicious. Do you have a link? When I got mine, I had to hunt around because most places were selling them on a made-to-order basis and it was going to take several weeks to get it. I ended up finding somewhere that had one left in stock.

I personally like the tone - its the classic deep magnaflow sound everywhere below 3k, after that it becomes more subaru-y but still deeper than other exhausts. Definitely less raspy that other options.

As for volume, I'd say its more modest than a few other options out there, but it can definitely be heard. There's a bearable drone inside between 1600 and 1750 rpm, so cold starts and low speed cruising sometimes get annoying for passengers. I tried to make it a little quieter (I'm paranoid about waking the neighbors and wanted it a little quieter for residential driving) so I added a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and it made no difference.

My initial impression was that if you short shift and keep it below 3k, it sounds like a dump truck with the turbo noise.

That being said, my roommates are woken up every morning by the windows in our old house rattling and I'd still buy it again.

I have the magnaflow catback... a price that cheap is suspicious. Do you have a link? When I got mine, I had to hunt around because most places were selling them on a made-to-order basis and it was going to take several weeks to get it. I ended up finding somewhere that had one left in stock.

I personally like the tone - its the classic deep magnaflow sound everywhere below 3k, after that it becomes more subaru-y but still deeper than other exhausts. Definitely less raspy that other options.

As for volume, I'd say its more modest than a few other options out there, but it can definitely be heard. There's a bearable drone inside between 1600 and 1750 rpm, so cold starts and low speed cruising sometimes get annoying for passengers. I tried to make it a little quieter (I'm paranoid about waking the neighbors and wanted it a little quieter for residential driving) so I added a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and it made no difference.

My initial impression was that if you short shift and keep it below 3k, it sounds like a dump truck with the turbo noise.

That being said, my roommates are woken up every morning by the windows in our old house rattling and I'd still buy it again.

Thanks a lot! Lots of useful info here! I still have a screenshot of the price but since i bought the last one (probably an open box, it’s gone). I was wondering also if you could send me clips to hear it! It would be awesome. I’m not used to forums like this but you can send me videos on IG @ _knievel.

8A251F11-17B2-459B-9819-FF08040AFDE0.thumb.png.3723cf4ad7448eee9051c6979a874fea.png

6CBCAC2D-58F5-4254-89FC-360A63E0F4B1.thumb.png.432bd045235e55459dc6870a1e803499.png

E646376E-9494-43E7-A750-D1AF626DE24B.thumb.png.c9c97002a8186c8920b60f4048567018.png

I've been trying to get a representative video, but its hard to get an accurate sound on a recording. I watched that video a lot when deciding, and I think its more accurate than anything I've been able to record.

Looking back, I think this is the most accurate to what it sounds like after break-in: