LegacyGT.com

Creaky/Squeaky Seat

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 2011 Legacy Limited has a squeaky front passenger seat. My fiance is pretty much the only one in the seat and she weighs 130lbs. Car has 3k miles on it. Annoying as hell! Haven't brought it up to the dealer yet....waiting for the drivers seat to start so they can attempt to fix both. In a recent edition of Motortrend magazine, they described this car as "quirky." I couldn't agree more.

I have the same issue... Glad it's not just me. Only my fiancée sits in the passenger seat and she's light. I'm going to double check that it's not a water bottle or something. Then I'll call up the dealer.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I had my finacee in the car and we were trying to figure it out... It doesn't seem to be coming from adding weight to the seat, but the weight added when you're sitting back. So I would surmise it has something to do with the seat back hinge area.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to consistently get it to squeak....

• 2 weeks later...
I had my finacee in the car and we were trying to figure it out... It doesn't seem to be coming from adding weight to the seat, but the weight added when you're sitting back. So I would surmise it has something to do with the seat back hinge area.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to consistently get it to squeak....

Ok... got it figured out. It wasn't the seat that was squeaking... it was the passenger seat belt buckle mounting point was rubbing against something. Swung by the dealer and they sprayed the area with some white stuff and the squeak is gone.

• 4 weeks later...
I had a squeaky drivers seat in my 2010 Legacy and took it back to the dealer multiple times. The dealer lubricated the rails, replaced the rail assembly, replaced the seat frame, cushion and seat back within a 15 month time frame. After constantly bugging the dealear and District Rep, I did a test drive with the District Rep and a technican with an "electronic ear system". It took that much to get them to believe me that the seat was still squeaking and replaced the rails again. No problems for the past year but what a ridiculous pain in the butt! Best of luck to anyone with a squeaky seat!

• 3 months later...

At first thought my clutch pedal was squeaking, sprayed lithium grease on the switches. As I was testing it out it I found it was my seat squeaking the whole time. It's driving me nuts! I'm 140lb.. car now has 140k km on it. all I have to do it press on the front of the seat even with my hand (with light to moderate pressure) and it squeaks. When I have time I'll tear it all apart and grease everything up.

Will post up results if I get any..

• 6 months later...
Pain in the ass. I just bought mine legacy gt a couple weeks ago. 2008 leather power etc. driver seat has started squeaking like crazy. Every bump I go over or when I adjust my position etc. really getting to me!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

• 6 years later...