LegacyGT.com

Stewdogg's 2010 GT

those rubber flaps on the OEM TB coupler are known to fail. Some have taken em out all together or bought an aftermarket coupler

Haha, I do remember reading the fart thread somewhere around here.:)

I'll probably cut them out and have it for a spare part when I put my AWIC piping together.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rereading my posts I'm surprised that you could make sense of them... but I'm glad to help.

I wonder if the type 14 would be too tight, but you could angle it and try different orientations so probably you'd be fine. I wish it could center on the intake manifold, but I guess since the TB is offset that's not likely. The type 10 takes up less space, but I find it's flow less pleasing.

It helped a lot! I just needed confirmation on the space in that area.

It's going to be an experiment for sure.

I have the type 4 coming and I hope I can off set it enough to put a 90 bend on the cold side that dumps right into the intake. Or at least manipulate the piping enough to work one way or another.

Good thing is there's no restocking fee if I need to get a different design or ship it back and go FMIC.

Good news on the short block, they said it's back from the machine shop and I should be going to pick it up this Friday. I took a 4 day weekend extending into next week to gently put that shiny thing together and in the car.

Mine's open

Mine too, I am thinking of adding some kind of cold air inlet pipe, my intake temps are terrible in traffic. 120-140F when I get an intercooler either AW or FM I would like to add a couple sensors to measure the changes in air temp before and after the IC.

I got the call yesterday that my short block is done!

I will be heading out this afternoon to pick it up. I have about a 2 hour drive one way in the XT to pick it up.

Unfortunately my turbo isn't built yet. I keep pestering Bryan and hope I will see it next week as early as possible.

I also received my AWIC yesterday, but the two straight lengths of silicone pipe were shipped as 2.5" instead of 3", so I'm waiting for that too.

I have a 4 day weekend to get it done this weekend, but it looks like it will at least take another week to get her started. So much stuff to pull together!

Unfortunately my turbo isn't built yet. I keep pestering Bryan and hope I will see it next week as early as possible.

Well according to his Facebook he's just completed like 20 300zx's turbos... didn't know there was such a desire still? Must be like Christmas for you right now! Glad to see this all coming together - often the yucky part is the waiting.

Well according to his Facebook he's just completed like 20 300zx's turbos... didn't know there was such a desire still? Must be like Christmas for you right now! Glad to see this all coming together - often the yucky part is the waiting.

Yeah, he did say he just got done building 20 of those this week. He sounds crazy busy.

It's exactly like Christmas because I'm paying for all of it.:)

I will take a pic of the parts that moved back into the living room since Easter... I love my wife!

The waiting sucks, but the timing seems to suck worse. I have been planing some time off of work the last two weekends to hammer through the project, but that doesn't seem to be working, so I'll just wait till I have everything in my hands and not get too excited. It's just hard to have all this sweetness and not be able to enjoy it.

I went to Quantum Performance in Fredonia, WI yesterday and picked up my short block. They are a bunch of nice guys over there and they have a really nice shop. They have a Dyno, so when I get everything dialed in I will go there to check numbers.

I didn't get any pics of the block yet, I will unpack it and get pics tomorrow. I will be doing as much as I can do tomorrow without having the heads... there's plenty to do.

This is the mountain of parts that will finally start to get smaller tomorrow rather than bigger.

IMG_6915.thumb.jpg.3c954f790cbd1c7aa1c1b1a051bde0b4.jpg

IMG_6916.thumb.jpg.a96f8118c0737879f44411288ec830db.jpg

This^^ is pretty true.

Well, the saga continues...

I called to pick up my heads on Friday and was told the machinist didn't come in and the heads weren't finished. I didn't find out till today that his wife must have passed away or is soon to. Not something I want to hear for anyone and really sucks (understatement).

He won't be in this week and maybe not next week, who knows. I have to figure out where he was at with the process and either find a different machine shop to finish the heads, wait for him to come back to work or finish them myself.

I also found out that the heat exchanger (24x12xx1 core and bigger with the end caps) that I picked up for the AWIC isn't going to work without some decent modifying to the front end somewhere. I don't want to cut anything up unless I absolutely have to. I'm pretty sure I found another one I will order today, that should work. I think that one has a better chance of fitting the space and has a slightly bigger holding capacity too.

I did get my clutch dampener swapped out, got the block unpacked and on the stand. I then realized I didn't get the two seals for the oil pickup, in the pickup and block... dealer was closed yesterday, so nothing got done with it. The seals are two days out as of today. They were hard as a rock when they came out.

Here are some shiny pics while I wait for parts.:)

IMG_6923.thumb.jpg.3e10e53aa711a6755add4412f9bd6b7f.jpg

IMG_6930.thumb.jpg.fa22dcce0d409a0398f6963b29693915.jpg

IMG_6932.thumb.jpg.d9991348b5e0ea67d3c565aceb07ff42.jpg

I just got a call from Bryan at BNR! I Have my payment in and the turbo should be shipping today or tomorrow!! Now I just gotta get those frickin heads back/done. Edited by stewdogg

I just got a call from Bryan at BNR! I Have my payment in and the turbo should be shipping today or tomorrow!! Now I just gotta get those frickin heads back/done.
What did you have Bryan build for you?

I have read the thread before and didn't remember that part.

Have any issues with the ethanol at all over that time? How does it feel in the mid RPM range? How's the in town driving... where does it shine?

I have read the thread before and didn't remember that part.

Have any issues with the ethanol at all over that time? How does it feel in the mid RPM range? How's the in town driving... where does it shine?

Keeping a consistent ethanol rating range is the only concern really. Meaning winter blend is from as low E70 and summer E85. Which is two separate maps for me. If you are fortunate to have a flex kit for blending no worries. I don't care personally because i like the options. If you use the zetronix kit, i suggest upgrading the fittings for the fuel connections.

I do not "light to light" unless i have to for merging. Just getting along 3500(maybe 4k for good measure) shifts will get you away from most road cars from the light. This to me is for 50mph and up essentially. It shines from 3900 to 6500 depending on the cams you have. Yeah when its boost time shes ready.

The first and most important thing is to change your oil! Do not think twice about it if you drive it hard or it gets hot often in traffic. A fumoto valve makes life so easy. I use Motul period with factory filter. 2k hits that oil is gone. Of course that's before the motor got built, now its 1k swaps.

Has anyone here made a custom charge pipe or is everyone using a RacerX or some pre made one?

I'm having trouble finding an output flange for the charge pipe that fits. I tried the Process West Turbo to Intercooler Hose Adapter and it doesn't quite fit. The oring seal is right at the edge of the turbo flange and I suspect it could blow it out at that point. If it only used a flat mating surface it would work fine.

I'm thinking to get me by till I figure out a solution, I will cut up the charge pipe I have and see if I can at least get that to work for now till I find a permanent solution.

The gasket for charge pipe > turbo outlet is the same size as the VF52, I know that for sure.

I might have something at home that works, let me verify tonight. (It's lucky that I have a 20G VF54 sitting in my closet to test it on)