LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Bought some Motul 300 transmission fluid to see if it improves the shifting in the winter. I remember reading somewhere in the forum that you shouldn’t change the transmission fluid all once unless a shop is doing it. Can someone confirm this ?
That's for the automatic, you cant change it all at once without a flushing procedure/machine. The manual you just drain and fill.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bought some Motul 300 transmission fluid to see if it improves the shifting in the winter. I remember reading somewhere in the forum that you shouldn’t change the transmission fluid all once unless a shop is doing it. Can someone confirm this ?
Only with some automatics. Manuals you always want to do a drain and fill.

That's for the automatic, you cant change it all at once without a flushing procedure/machine. The manual you just drain and fill.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thank you, is the drain plug gasket/washer the same as the one used for the oil drain plug?

Thank you, is the drain plug gasket/washer the same as the one used for the oil drain plug?

Not sure if they are functionally the same or not but if i remember correctly the trans drain uses a torx bit (i checked its a T70) rather than a hex head.... and now that i think about it they aren't the same and this is the gasket https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Subaru-803926090-Gasket-26-3x32-3x1/dp/B00IGZQA3W save your links kids

Not sure if they are functionally the same or not but if i remember correctly the trans drain uses a torx bit (i checked its a T70) rather than a hex head.... and now that i think about it they aren't the same and this is the gasket https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Subaru-803926090-Gasket-26-3x32-3x1/dp/B00IGZQA3W save your links kids

Is it the same for the rear differential ?

If I remember correctly the rear is a 1/2 square drive, but it has been a while since I did mine. The front is the oddball. So the rear would only need a thread sealer not a gasket.

If I remember correctly the rear is a 1/2 square drive, but it has been a while since I did mine. The front is the oddball. So the rear would only need a thread sealer not a gasket.

Correct its a 1/2" square drive, i just used a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter, no need to buy the actual 1/2" square drive bit

Correct its a 1/2" square drive, i just used a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter, no need to buy the actual 1/2" square drive bit

Is't it actually a 13mm square? I ended up buying the tool when I changed out the diff fluid on my 2010 Outback.

http://www.company23.com/521

http://www.company23.com/image/cache/data/subaru/521/521-iso-1000x1000.jpg

.50" = 12.7mm, and the extra .3mm/.012" is probably within manufacturing tolerance for the plug, and maybe for the tool as well.

Rear diff on the GT is a 1/2" square but I know there are different plugs used on some of the different diffs used on different trim levels. I want to say the 3.6R was the oddball that uses a Torx plug, but it's easy enough to see that without having to get under the car.

Is't it actually a 13mm square? I ended up buying the tool when I changed out the diff fluid on my 2010 Outback.

i used a 3/8-1/2 extension and had no issues, no marring or anything. 1/2" is 12.7mm so only .01" smaller than 13mm... which would likely be the measurement of the hole in the plug not of the tool that goes in it. if you measured the 13mm square drive i bet its just under 1/2"... IIRC the 1/2 adapter fit in the plug very snuggly and you'll never use the 13mm square bit for anything else.

Thank you all, does the rear differential require a washer as well?

Also I didn’t buy it yet , but I was thinking of purchasing a couple of hella horns to help my car stand out a little more , but I’m not sure if it’s worth it if I have the oem grill. Anyone has the horns with the oem grill? Are they visible?

I bought one new Enkei Raijin Rim for my Legacy GT to replaced the one curb rim I have. I curb it about 1 1/2 years ago at my friend house. I happen to curb the same rim again last spring as well. (Previously, the last time I had curbed a rim was in the late 90's) I was planning on replacing the 1 rim when I wore the tires out which I was expecting to this year, but the amount I am driving changed last summer, so these tires are going to likely last another 3 years. Curbed rims drive me nuts.

Bought a new set of fog bezels (for $25 for the pair!) and a set of universal 40mm projector foglights to try and rig up something to mimic the double foglight look from the DAMD demo car. Saw a Mercedes E350 in my parking lot last night that had a similar setup and I really liked the double light look and figured I'd try to make something work with the USDM bezels. Also using it as my first actual electrical project to try and finally learn something about wiring.

Also going to paint the new bezels a nice gloss black since they'll be new and chip-free.

J1F0N3X.jpg

jTs26T7.png