LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Tis a good point. I guess the short version is, I am super loyal to Subaru and Shortline. I think it's kinda neat being an Ambassador and owning a 50th Anniversary model, and I love the Legacy in this trim.

I understand. Thanks for the response.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

That's what we have on both of our Subies. I had WS70s on my previous STI.

The Continental winters worked well on our previous Civic, too, though. When our Forester couldn't get out of our spot in the parking lot (stock tires), the Civic (w/ winters) plowed right through and out! It's amazing that snow tires trump AWD, including X-MODE, and ground clearance!

Definitely. People forget how AWD doesn't help you stop. Sometimes AWD becomes an issue when drivers don't actually feel how icy and slippery the road is, and fail to adjust their driving.

I placed the lumbar support piece back into my car a few weeks ago. Removed it again yesterday.... its just too uncomfortable. I tried making it flatter, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Definitely. People forget how AWD doesn't help you stop. Sometimes AWD becomes an issue when drivers don't actually feel how icy and slippery the road is, and fail to adjust their driving.

I placed the lumbar support piece back into my car a few weeks ago. Removed it again yesterday.... its just too uncomfortable. I tried making it flatter, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Absolutely - barring any affect from drive-train inter-connectivity, every car is effectively all-wheel-stop (AWS).

//

I was contemplating taking my lumbar support out, based on posts here (or maybe it was SF.org), but decided not to. Instead, I spent a lot of time moving the lumbar support in and out to find the right spot. What I found, was that I like to adjust it from time to time; that what's best for my back is to adjust it every so often, based on how long I'm in the car. Seems to work just fine.

'15 FB25

Had a scare for a while, well I was doing my oil change just half hour ago,so I drained oil,then removed oil filter, and so while I was getting ready to put the filter,I forgot the I had my remote for my remote starter was in my pocket,so I leaned on the car and accidentally remote started the car and there goes some more oil gushed out from where the filter mount but I was able to stop car right away but oil was all over the engine so I had to pressure the whole engine,everything seems fine till I test drive the car,at high rpm I hear a squealing noise sounds like a belt pulley(might be tensioner pulley)I hope.

^ I'd bet money that it's just because oil and/or water is on the belt. It should subside.

I water pressure the entire engine and no more oil anywhere,it was water on the belt and pulley,so I drove it around for a while and squealing went away,now I just need to jack up the car and remove under engine cover and check for leftover oil if any under the motor.

I forgot the I had my remote for my remote starter was in my pocket,so I leaned on the car and accidentally remote started the car and there goes some more oil gushed out from where the filter mount

I thought most remote starts have a hood sensor. I thought of it mainly as a safety thing so you don't crank the engine when someone has their hands in there, but I guess it could have stopped something like this.

The factory one definitely does and it doesn't work of you don't hook up the hood sensor. Obviously you could tape the think close and fool it...

I thought most remote starts have a hood sensor. I thought of it mainly as a safety thing so you don't crank the engine when someone has their hands in there, but I guess it could have stopped something like this.

The factory one definitely does and it doesn't work of you don't hook up the hood sensor. Obviously you could tape the think close and fool it...

Ya that was my mistake when I installed my remote start,I didnt install the hood sensor,but I guess I will go ahead and install it this weekend.i totally forgot about that dang hood sensor,thank for bringing that up👍

Holy shit, that's dark! :eek:

LOL. There's no limits to how dark you can have the back windows here in Ohio. I mainly went that dark because there was too much light shining in my babies face. And instead of sticky mesh window tint, I went limo style haha.

This is my Legacy with 35% on sides and rear, nothing on windshield. With the tan interior, I thought 35 wasn’t dark enough. My daughter’s Buick has 35% sides and rear too. My exwife’s Camaro has no tint.

AB2-D67-F7-8361-4-FC3-B3-F7-C7-CAB49-F7-FA8.jpg

The BMW has a tan interior as well so this time I went 20% on the sides and rear and did the windshield at 70%. I like it much better and will do it this way from now on.

EDACC09-B-3-E66-4-FFF-9-EA2-4-B40498062-DE.jpg

We can do 35% here in Nevada on the front, but I did mine 15% all around and it’s fine.

I wish I could tint my windshield but with eyesight in there it’s a big no.

you could probably tint around the cameras, like they do third brake light sometimes.

New battery #34, so my wife left work and the key fob would not open the door and the key also would not open the door. Ended going threw the trunk and got a jump start. I called Subaru and explained that we have never tried to use the key to open the door in the 3 yrs and I have 59,000 miles on it. I asked if they would cover checking the door lock, they said they would pay me back for the battery, do the battery update and cover the cost to repair the door lock. Great customer service. Got a email the check is on it's way for the battery!!!!!!

We can do 35% here in Nevada on the front, but I did mine 15% all around and it’s fine.

I wish I could tint my windshield but with eyesight in there it’s a big no.

I tinted my Windshield with Lumar 80 Ceramic Tint and had no effects with my eye sight.. Just got another crack so once I replace it I'll tint it once again.. The Ceramic helped reduce the intetior heat..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

you could probably tint around the cameras, like they do third brake light sometimes.

That would look really stupid, IMO. It would also look pretty obvious to the po po.

'15 FB25

New battery #34, so my wife left work and the key fob would not open the door and the key also would not open the door. Ended going threw the trunk and got a jump start. I called Subaru and explained that we have never tried to use the key to open the door in the 3 yrs and I have 59,000 miles on it. I asked if they would cover checking the door lock, they said they would pay me back for the battery, do the battery update and cover the cost to repair the door lock. Great customer service. Got a email the check is on it's way for the battery!!!!!!

Just another reason that I am proud to stand behind Subaru! You wouldn't have this experience with most other brands. #subaruambassador