LegacyGT.com

'09 STI Conversion

I got a set of 09 STI heads for nothing, and will be getting an EJ257 short block.

The turbo will be rebuilt and upgraded with better wheels (VF40) and planning on getting an sti intake manifold, but my main question is the injectors. I can't find crap on what the stock 06 LGT flow rate is and injector specs, and what an 09 STI injector specs are. Can ya guys help me out with figuring out the injector details?

Just pick up some 850 injectors or slightly bigger.

Ask your Tuner what he recommends.

Do you have a AEM 320 fuel pump going in the car ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have no idea what the stats for the stock 06 injectors were, and since there isnt an air pump, (half year stuff right) would that be when they switched over to top feed?

TGV stuff I'd just delete, I plan to get a higher flow fuel pump to support the injectors.

Also, because of the added boost of an STI build, I'm thinking of switching over to the STI intake manifold. Any fitment issues? Should I just get an aftermarket WRX intake manifold?

I would recommend ID 1050X injectors that way you have room for growth in the future. Also, the manifold should bolt right up. Not sure about throttle body though. I know the older STI's are cable and yours is electronic so not sure if the bolt holes will line up.

I got a set of 09 STI heads for nothing, and will be getting an EJ257 short block.

The turbo will be rebuilt and upgraded with better wheels (VF40) and planning on getting an sti intake manifold, but my main question is the injectors. I can't find crap on what the stock 06 LGT flow rate is and injector specs, and what an 09 STI injector specs are. Can ya guys help me out with figuring out the injector details?

Something does not add up here. You can't use VF40 with sti intake manifold unless you're doing FMIC, but then why bother with STI intake manifold? Unless you are getting STI style compressor cover, but then why would you stick to VF40 even with "better wheels", whatever that means...

Archived