LegacyGT.com

Changed an interior bulb, now none of the interior lights will turn on.

2017 Legacy 3.6R

As the title says. I was swapping out the OEM halogen bulbs on the bottom of my front driver and passenger doors. When I went to test before closing up the lens, I noticed none of the interior lights (maps, vanity, dome, keyless entry, and base of door) would light up. The dash lights are lighting up. In trying to figure this out, I first thought maybe I’d killed the battery. So I turned the car on and tried to open the garage door using my homelink mirror opener, but it won’t work. The little house light on the mirror doesn’t even display, and neither does the little green blinking light to indicate it’s working. I checked the lights fuse and it seems to be just fine, at least when I pulled the fuse and checked it with a continuity meter. I even tried swapping the fuse with another of the same amperage and nothing happened. I checked the door switches and noticed that the dash would only light up when I opened the driver‘a door. All three other doors will not set off the “door open” message.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on? Everything was fine until I switched out the damn bulbs at the bottom of the door and now the car is possessed.

Did you try reinstalling the original lights?

Aftermarket puddle lights do weird things to some cars.

I never had an issue in my Legacy but when I did it with my BMW my comfort access stopped working. Putting in the factory bulbs fixed my issue.

Did you try reinstalling the original lights?

Aftermarket puddle lights do weird things to some cars.

I never had an issue in my Legacy but when I did it with my BMW my comfort access stopped working. Putting in the factory bulbs fixed my issue.

I did put the old one back in before I gave up last night but still to no avail. I was hoping for an easy fix but I may just take it back to the dealer and see if they can figure it out. I just got the car on 6/20 so it’s still under a limited warranty from the dealer.

I did put the old one back in before I gave up last night but still to no avail. I was hoping for an easy fix but I may just take it back to the dealer and see if they can figure it out. I just got the car on 6/20 so it’s still under a limited warranty from the dealer.
I put LEDS in my License plate lights and had one fail and it was causing my Temp Control lights to flicker and stay on when the car was turned off.. It could of been one of those lights

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk