LegacyGT.com

Silicone Radiator Hoses

The LGT is coming up on the 60k service, and the raditor hoses seem a bit soft.

While draining the coolant, I figure it's a good time to do the hoses.

Any feedback on the Megan Racing ones?

http://meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=785&catid=67

http://www.meganracing.com/uploadimage/regular/7232010_6561.gif

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

I'm sure the megans are fine but I've always been cautious with their product quality. Namely being in my friend's 06 LGT when his Megan coilovers literally exploded. I know Samco makes good stuff and will stand behind their products. We've only done a few Mishimoto hoses but they've always held up and seem to be decent.

- Jake

142,000 miles on my oem hoses. I may replace them next year when I do the rebuild.

Just saying... if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Or wait until you do the timing belt.

Also I'm not a big fan of blue hoses on cars. What's that term that begins with rice...

Sorry. That's a lot of money for 2 hoses. Don't forget the coolant.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

As Jake said the mishimotos are good.

My personal feeling is just to replace oem style ones more often and you'll be in good shape. Every 30k the coolant should be coming out of your car anyway, so we like to replace the OEM ones at about 90 or 120k service and always inspect them for britalness.

Let us know if you guys would be interested in pricing on the mishimotos and we'll work up something for you. Don't hesitate to call or e-mail.

-mike

142,000 miles on my oem hoses. I may replace them next year when I do the rebuild.

Just saying... if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Or wait until you do the timing belt.

Also I'm not a big fan of blue hoses on cars. What's that term that begins with rice...

Sorry. That's a lot of money for 2 hoses. Don't forget the coolant.

So, just wait until everything breaks, and then fix it? :lol: No thanks. Wife's car - I'll never hear the end of it. I'm sure there are guys out there with 200k on their OE timing belts too. Man, this group is quick to judge....rice this, to expensive that....but for the sake of not getting sucked into an internet arguement, whatever dood - you're not paying for the hoses.

...or wait until the hose blows cruising down 84

Yeah, sucks that you have to share a highway with genius there...:lol:

DrSpeed, don't worry, I was just playing devils advicate.

Yes it's your money. Believe me I've spent enough of my own on stuff for cars.

I did just replace the oem oil return line when I put the new turbo in. That hose was hard the new one is soft and supple...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

We can do the Mishimoto Radiator Hoses in Blue or Red for $85 + Shipping. Just give us a ring and we can have them out to you asap.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

I'd avoid silicone rad hoses, you'll be adjusting the t-clamps often, worn clamps will eventually chew through them. Get too hot, then too cold they'll leak. Just get rubber ones. they're cheap and they work.

I've had stock ones on for 6 years now, no problems. But I spent that money somewhere else, like lets say a catless Up pipe. Or catless Dp. May be I spent it on the trade in for the new version of Cobb AP.

Either way, I know I got HP for my investment.

I'd avoid silicone rad hoses, you'll be adjusting the t-clamps often, worn clamps will eventually chew through them. Get too hot, then too cold they'll leak. Just get rubber ones. they're cheap and they work.

Sure they work, last a long time and are cheap, but do they come in cool colors???

I didn't think so :lol:

We can do the Mishimoto Radiator Hoses in Blue or Red for $85 + Shipping. Just give us a ring and we can have them out to you asap.

-mike

I'll be giving you a call.

They can be worse than the silicone boots for the turbo plumbing. I run 75 psi of boost, and I've never needed to adjust them. Again....YMMV.

Napa has the hoses for $35. Incremental price increase by $50 for silicone hoses.

Where would I buy a downpipe for $50 with the money I saved? I'd be better off switching over to Geico! :lol:

Archived