LegacyGT.com

What car jack and mount points?

hi all,

What car jack do you use for Legacy 2020?

where are mount points for the jack?

the legacy is lower profile vs Outback that I had not have any issues for oil change and tires rotation.

I wasn't able to find front mount point, plastic protection goes all way passing oil pan to far

on rear the jack can't get under bumper

as result jack was used at all 4 side points and hard to fit stands next to it

normal procedure to jack car went from 5 min to 30 min :confused:

how do you jack?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I use a 3 ton jack on the jack points behind the front tires and in front of the rear tires. I’ve heard you can jack ip the rear under the differential, but I’ve never tried it. If I were to try it, I’d prob put a piece of wood between the jack and differential. I rotate my tires just using one jack and 2 jack stands. Takes about 15 minutes or so.

I’ve heard you can jack ip the rear under the differential ...

That's the proper rear lift point when using a floor jack, per Subaru.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

which is the front lift point?

there is plastic cover that goes all way to front tires axel and floor jack from front just can't reach under front that, also from side that middle point is far away to get whole jack under due to clearance.

any pictures are very welcome

tnx

On the Gen 5 Outbacks (MY 2015-2019) the front jacking point is just below the centerline of the radiator. See attachment. I don't have access to similar information for the Gen 6 Outbacks, but the jack points should be similar.

Jacking_Points.pdf

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

anyone has used this HF 1.5 ton jack?

I assume 1.5 ton should be enough to get front or rear of Legacy up to insert stands.

while I don't know what to use as front and rear mount points and if clearance is enough for that jack?

I have two of these and have had no issues on different cars (2007 Chevrolet HHR, 2008 Buick LaCrosse, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro, 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R, 2018 BMW 430i convertible, 2019 BMW X2, 2020 Subaru Impreza)

I haven't done the front or rear mount points at all since some of the cars are too low (too cheap to get a low profile jack).