LegacyGT.com

Where is this whining noise coming from??

Going from a stop in the snow or around corners under moderate to heavy throttle I get a whining noise coming from the rear that sounds similar to alternator interference in the stereo but it only happens under those circumstances. I really hope its not my diff eating itself apart...but when i'm already rolling and i get on it the noise is really faint if even noticeable at all.

i have noticed a similar noise. comming from the pass. side rear. if it was the wheel bearing, wouldnt it always make a noise?

mine occasionally makes a noise when im taking a left turn. and it just started due to the cold waether.

the dealer suggested it could be the brakes.

if it was the wheel bearing, wouldnt it always make a noise?

not necessarily, sometimes they won't make noise until you actually put weight on it, like when the wheel is on the outside of a turn and all the weight starts to shift to that side.

everyone that has heard it in my car says it comes from the rear. i can only hear the noise for about 2 seconds and it wizzes up in pitch almost like a twin screw supercharger. its faint and i feel lik i only hear it in low traction conditions that would cause the wheels to get loose like patchy or total snow cover

Check your brake pads and rotors at the rear end. Also check the caliper pins to make sure that your calipers haven't stuck on the pins.

If you have VDC try to disable it and check again. It may be that it's doing its job.

453747.png

Found out what it was, had like 5 people in my car and whenever id take off the sound was louder and longer lasting...tires rubbing on the fenders just barely. the enkei wheels that i bought for my winter set even look like they poke out more to the eye than the factory 18's. But now, just in the last week, everytime i hit a decent bump or pothole, i get a quick rattling noise from the front right that sounds similar to the noise i got before the universal's on the front cv axles on my ram blew up...

Archived