LegacyGT.com

Good tuner in NY?

GP2001

Hey guys, I live in Poughkeepsie NY and have a 2005 Legacy GT MT that is pretty much stock, just a Perrin Short Ram Intake. I have the infamous "turbo stutter" and wanted to get an aftermarket tune in hopes to get rid of that and also boost my performance a bit. Anyone know of some good tuners in the Dutchess County area or anything within an hour or two.?

________

List of Honda motorcycles history

Not really a good idea to run that Perrin short ram without a custom tune for it.

I thought that it would be ok, car seems to run fine haven't noticed any difference in feeling or a CEL, would a K&N be better? I am thinking about switching over as I am hearing people tell me this now. From what I understood intake was one of the few things we could do without tuning, apparently I am mistaken. Is it really going to cause me to run that rich?

________

Asian tits

I thought that it would be ok, car seems to run fine haven't noticed any difference in feeling or a CEL, would a K&N be better? I am thinking about switching over as I am hearing people tell me this now. From what I understood intake was one of the few things we could do without tuning, apparently I am mistaken. Is it really going to cause me to run that rich?

No, you shouldn't put ANY intake on your car until you get up into more power mods. Our stock intake is actually very good, and aftermarket ones tend to make the car to run lean and knock. I wouldn't even put a high-flow panel filter in there without some sort of tune.

Rob at AMR. :) Awesome tuner!

:confused: where in NY is he?

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

No, you shouldn't put ANY intake on your car until you get up into more power mods. Our stock intake is actually very good, and aftermarket ones tend to make the car to run lean and knock. I wouldn't even put a high-flow panel filter in there without some sort of tune.

Hmm, guess some of the stuff I read was wrong. I know the stock intake is good, the noise is nice but I don't need it by any means, don't want it to harm the car. Wouldn't an aftermarket intake make it more rich rather than lean?

________

Herbalaire vaporizers

Wouldn't an aftermarket intake make it more rich rather than lean?

OK whose AE is this? :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Rob at AMR is in Westchester.

http://www.automasteramr.com/ <-- There site, hes a really nice guy. I have also heard that there are problems with the tunes but not from anyone who owned a car from them, from people "who heard it" so idk how much of this is true. FWIW buddy of mine got his 2.0 WRX tuned there and it runs great and pulls hard, put down 256AWHP with TMIC, UEL Headers, UP, DP CBE and short ram intake.

Rob at AMR is in Westchester.

http://www.automasteramr.com/ <-- There site, hes a really nice guy. I have also heard that there are problems with the tunes but not from anyone who owned a car from them, from people "who heard it" so idk how much of this is true. FWIW buddy of mine got his 2.0 WRX tuned there and it runs great and pulls hard, put down 256AWHP with TMIC, UEL Headers, UP, DP CBE and short ram intake.

ooooh ok. I didn't realize. I've been there just to check the place out & I actually spoke to Rob for a few mins. He's a real nice guy. I was gonna get tuned there but I was also thinkin about some bigger power mods at that time & decided against it.

I've heard good things though

MSPT is the most often recommended & pretty much everyone agrees they're great. I've never heard anything bad about them.

I've talked to Rob on the phone extensively regarding my 08 STI. I have several maps from him, stg 1 and stg 2. Though I do use PDX for my daily driven maps, the crazy tunes from Rob for my 100 oct race maps can't be beat! I put them to the test this summer comparing my race maps from Rob vs PDX. Rob's gave me instant 12.7's without too much effort. Not only that, Rob's stg 1 map for the AMR CAI also got me my first 12 sec run in the new car. It took stg 2 in the 07 to hit 12's. I think that speaks volumes. and after 100 runs down the 1320, and about 50 + autox runs (not to mention rallyx runs now), the car hasn't blown up.

Rob is also one of the few tuners who not only tunes cars and posts up dyno results, he then goes to the track and lays down some serious times to back it up. :) Pretty impressive.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Rob is also one of the few tuners who not only tunes cars and posts up dyno results, he then goes to the track and lays down some serious times to back it up. :) Pretty impressive.

ya I remember him tellin me he has a track sti

you guys are very lucky to have so many good (and proven) tuners. We don't have anyone here, so end up flying up our tuners at least once a year. It'd be pretty tough to choose who to go to imo. :lol:

If you look on NASIOC or IWSTI, you will see alot of times and info for Rob @ AMR. he also produces some quality products (expensive though).

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

you guys are very lucky to have so many good (and proven) tuners. We don't have anyone here, so end up flying up our tuners at least once a year. It'd be pretty tough to choose who to go to imo. :lol:

If you look on NASIOC or IWSTI, you will see alot of times and info for Rob @ AMR. he also produces some quality products (expensive though).

We're not lucky, you live in Alaska. :lol::lol:

lol. well, tell that to the guys in other parts of the country who also have no tuners. ;)

again, it's their choice to live in those parts of the country where they don't have stuff :p

Archived