LegacyGT.com

Questions about replacing the door latch cable/assembly

I have an '07 Legacy Limited. On the rear driver's side, the cable which connects the exterior door handle to the latch has stretched out (the handle itself broke in the past and in replacing it I stretched the cable), and no longer works reliably.

So my questions are:

1. Am I able to just replace this cable? I don't see a way to disassemble the latch assembly to replace it on that end.

2. If I can't replace just the cable, do I buy a whole new assembly? It looks like the cable for interior lock is also not removable, so I would need the handle attached as well, unless I'm missing something there, and I don't see anyone selling an assembly with the interior handle attached.

3. Does anybody have a part number for the cable/assembly/whatever I need to buy to fix this?

Thanks!

I would check on simple part. It's probably under the body section on the dealer site. I had an issue where the cable wasn't run on the right opening of the clear plastic when I put my door card back on once and I think it was the window mechanism that was catching on that cable and pulled it out of the end and frayed it a little. I was able to get it pushed back in and tape it but little unnerving for sure. I might want to replace mine soon too

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk