LegacyGT.com

Weekly or Bi weekly meets in Rockville/Gaithersburg

LegacyGTBiggie

Maybe just move to Columbia, then? Even there, housing is cheaper, and it's not THAT far from Virginia...

If you knew the sites I need to "visit", you'd see why I haven't gone to Columbia to live.

Columbia is going to be quite a stretch from where I'd need to be.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarksville is overpriced. The market is weirdly strong in that middle area and people are bidding on houses (the greater 95/32 area). They're stupid because many times they are bidding above what the bank (or other estimate) values the homes. Also looks to be boring as hell around there. I drive through the area all the time (at least monthly to Baltimore and back for regular lab work-ups for health).

That's the advantage -- roughly halfway between Baltimore and DC. If one person works in DC and their spouse works in Baltimore, it's a great location.

That is true, but I am going well outside DC. Otherwise Matt had a great suggestion.

That's funny because one of my best friends bought a really nice house in Clarksville in the mid-90's and it was priced well. It is a very quiet neighbourhood. You are right, there are not many places to go around there, but Columbia is close by. Everything in the DC Metro area is overpriced though....LOL....I guess we just have to roll with the punches and have a good attitude. I don't plan on staying here much longer anyways...LOL..

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...