LegacyGT.com

JDM BM9 LGT ECU compatibility query

You can also cross ref back to PAK files, which carry the CID/CALIDs for a given reflash.

Any replacement ECU (even if same market, say +/- 1 model year) will also not play nice with your BIU. If the JDM car has different/more gizmo gadgets vs donor-Market ECU... the BIU will not like that.

If however you are lucky enough to match on ECU hardware and had a JDM ROM matching your car saved or dumped and uploaded somewhere, then Tactrix can flash it in for you and all youd have to worry about is the BIU pairing (local dealership)

You can also cross ref back to PAK files, which carry the CID/CALIDs for a given reflash.

Any replacement ECU (even if same market, say +/- 1 model year) will also not play nice with your BIU. If the JDM car has different/more gizmo gadgets vs donor-Market ECU... the BIU will not like that.

If however you are lucky enough to match on ECU hardware and had a JDM ROM matching your car saved or dumped and uploaded somewhere, then Tactrix can flash it in for you and all youd have to worry about is the BIU pairing (local dealership)

thank for your respond.... But I'm sorry, I'm a totally newbie, I don't understand what is PAK files & how I can get my CID/CALIDs from it?

BIU is something about immobiliser right?

I still have my STOCK rom. I asked Tactrix too regarding my ecu brick. Yes I agree, even I successfully get another used ECU, I still need to sort out the immobiliser with Subaru dealership to get it done.

I still in the learning step with regards to ecuflash & romraider. I only know how to flash & download my ROM only & data log via BtSsm apps & romraider. Nothing more than that. Even my ecu def for ecuflash I get them from my tuner & I couldn't find myself from romraider forum.

After my ecu brick.... even there was no issue for the 1st to the 6th time of flashing, & on the 7th, the flashing was completed, until there is message to off ignition..... & then when I off, engine not starting & ecu couldn't communicate with ecuflash anymore... worst case I forgot save the ecuflash logs. I realise, ecuflash & romraider really not for beginner.... but then... I still eager to learn.....

One thing which really strange, my ecu ID on romraider change too after ecu brick (see picture)

By the way thanks for your input.

Regards

JOHARI

433176924_ECUIDbeforeafterbrick.thumb.jpg.3beb9af12acf6b6fc6a188d635f1a1ba.jpg

What Perscitus is saying is the used ecm you have appears to be for a non-turbo motor, so it won't work regardless. If you can find an ecm from the same model year and same trim level and transmission then you will need to get it programmed with the proper ROM for your car which you say you have then get the ECM programmed to work with the BIU, which controls the CANbus system that allows all the parts of the car to talk to one another.

I am not that familiar with ecuflash or the calid myself so hopefully Perscitus checks back in.

You did something very odd when reflashing and/or bricked the ECU so much so that the AFTER screencap shows a different xCU (potentially your 5EAT TCU ID). Its as if RRs logger no longer sees the ECU at all and reports a random xCU chattering away on the CAN bus.

Yes, those Part#s (they coincidentally match PAK file names in Subarus own DB of ROM images) will all work because they match a single file, single CID/CALID compatible with your car - so both a hardware (Denso ECU) and software (Subaru PAK, CID/CALID) match.

The rabbit hole doesnt end there though. There are likely 1-n revisions of the ROM for your car, each with a slighlty different part # and incremental CID/CALID. Trick is figuring that out... tracking them down.

If you could, filter the sheet you built ONLY on Applicable Model and Year= D or E.

See if you get more Part numbers... if so any/all those would also work, take your ROM or likely work as-is after BIU, immobilizer mating. Good luck.

Sadly we have very little info on non-USDM 5th gen CID/CALID progression, MY ROM diffs, etc. http://forum.liberty.asn.au/ might be a better resource.

What Perscitus is saying is the used ecm you have appears to be for a non-turbo motor, so it won't work regardless. If you can find an ecm from the same model year and same trim level and transmission then you will need to get it programmed with the proper ROM for your car which you say you have then get the ECM programmed to work with the BIU, which controls the CANbus system that allows all the parts of the car to talk to one another.

I am not that familiar with ecuflash or the calid myself so hopefully Perscitus checks back in.

Damnit mike does it again. He goes to a level far beyond the rest of us.

But yes, you need it to match up pretty closely. JDM should have similar gismos to you (you're lucky you aren't USDM) but it needs to be for turbo, same year and probably same trim

Here is a guy who offers ECU unbricking, he is in Australia though.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=35489

He appears to be in Malaysia, which would make an aussie company far more appealing than Tactrix which is located in Cali.

Any company with a subaru tuning bench should have the capability to unbrick, just make sure you research because it can still theoritically fry the ecu.

Damnit mike does it again. He goes to a level far beyond the rest of us.

But yes, you need it to match up pretty closely. JDM should have similar gismos to you (you're lucky you aren't USDM) but it needs to be for turbo, same year and probably same trim

I'm trying to source used ECU from 5th Gen Legacy from China market hopefully can find similar or compatible ECU. Search it in japan yahoo bid & similar website.... couldn't find anything close.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He appears to be in Malaysia, which would make an aussie company far more appealing than Tactrix which is located in Cali.

Any company with a subaru tuning bench should have the capability to unbrick, just make sure you research because it can still theoritically fry the ecu.

Thanks for your advice.... what could fry my ecu?

You did something very odd when reflashing and/or bricked the ECU so much so that the AFTER screencap shows a different xCU (potentially your 5EAT TCU ID). Its as if RRs logger no longer sees the ECU at all and reports a random xCU chattering away on the CAN bus.

Yes, those Part#s (they coincidentally match PAK file names in Subarus own DB of ROM images) will all work because they match a single file, single CID/CALID compatible with your car - so both a hardware (Denso ECU) and software (Subaru PAK, CID/CALID) match.

The rabbit hole doesnt end there though. There are likely 1-n revisions of the ROM for your car, each with a slighlty different part # and incremental CID/CALID. Trick is figuring that out... tracking them down.

If you could, filter the sheet you built ONLY on Applicable Model and Year= D or E.

See if you get more Part numbers... if so any/all those would also work, take your ROM or likely work as-is after BIU, immobilizer mating. Good luck.

Sadly we have very little info on non-USDM 5th gen CID/CALID progression, MY ROM diffs, etc. http://forum.liberty.asn.au/ might be a better resource.

Thanks for your support....

I done my flashing as per ecuflash procedure.... until it say flash completed & off ignition....

Then my ecu brick

Unfortunately I did not save the log.

Is it possible if I flash incompatible ROM or if there is problem on the ROM.... i can brick the ECU.

There is message saying about checksum... but I can't remember.... will it cause problem too?

From the 1st to 6th time flashing.... it was ok.... & I follow the same flashing procedure on the 7th flash until complete (EcuFlash say complete & ask to off ignition)....

• 1 month later...

Hai Perscitus

Its me again at day 71 after ECU brick. It really make me uncomfortable & stress with this problem.

Anyway...My ECU with Tactrix since 3 weeks ago, I'm waiting for good news... hopefully....

At the moment....I want to be in one step ahead.

I wanted to source used JDM ecu from Japan just in case my ECU fried completely. If not, I keep this as extra ECU ready for swap (after flashed it with my stock ROM & ECU immobilizer chip re-programed) in case I brick my ECU again.

Ok after 2 months searching for exactly same part no of my ecu 22765AF300 in Japan, USA/Canada & australia via ebay, & google. I couln't find any.

I learnt that.... subaru doesn't make sama part no on diffrent market region... due to car specs not same, trim option on accessories not same & the main thing... I assume they make it like that to protect commercial interest in spare part sales.

Anyway... I did my homework... through JDM line up of 5th gen LGT with EJ255 & 5EAT tranny similar to my car.

I found list of JDM equivalent ECU to my car specs.... RHD, EJ255, 5EAT tranny (see picture attached)

My car manufactured Aug 2012. From that list the closest ECU that match to my car is:

22765AC710 MY 2011-Feb to 2012-Apr

I couldn't find this one yet... I believe because it still new.

However. I found:

A) 22765AA080 MY 2009-Feb to 2010-Apr

B) 22765AB040 MY 2010-Feb to 2010-Aug

The former is pre-facelift version with SI-drive knob on the centre console near arm rest. Mine is on the steering control button. The later I'm not sure.

My question.

If I opt these ECU, get it bench flash with my stock ROM & then bring my car & to SUBARU to get immobilizer programmed.

Will it work?

Thanks

JOHARIffb1cd16a29bf690159e25b00bb7db2f.jpg

Ok few days ago, I know BIU is Body Integraged Unit which communicating yo ECU on information for chasis specific accessories such as light, wiper, Eye Sight & etc.

If I get matching replacement used ECU & get it flash with my stock ROM.

Upon reprogramming the immobilizer, will my existing BIU work with this replacement ecu? or I need to find BIU replacement too?

These questions (both recent posts) are best put to:

a. Subaru techs ($$$, most likely have little to no exp with what you propose)

b. Tactrix bros ($$ but definetly have exp with these ideas)

My experience would tell be err on the side of caution re ECU... the part numbers are just ECUIDs, and even though they vary a bit region to region, so long as the hardware is the same (say all similar or almost identical 2011s from 2-3 regions, multiple ECUIDs per region as the updates rolled out, different part numbers, same hardware) you should be good to go... bench bruteforce flash and handle the BIU pairing, immobilizer pairing.

BIU should not need to be replaced or even reprogrammed, just paired.

Did Tactrix receive your bricked ECU and confirm its bricked?

Can they recover the ROM from it? Or flash one to it?

I actually have a spare USDM 2010/11 Denso ECU for a Legacy 3.6R... if its a match hardware wise, I can sell it to you, ship to Tactrix, they can then make a backup ECU for you.

These questions (both recent posts) are best put to:

a. Subaru techs ($$$, most likely have little to no exp with what you propose)

b. Tactrix bros ($$ but definetly have exp with these ideas)

My experience would tell be err on the side of caution re ECU... the part numbers are just ECUIDs, and even though they vary a bit region to region, so long as the hardware is the same (say all similar or almost identical 2011s from 2-3 regions, multiple ECUIDs per region as the updates rolled out, different part numbers, same hardware) you should be good to go... bench bruteforce flash and handle the BIU pairing, immobilizer pairing.

BIU should not need to be replaced or even reprogrammed, just paired.

Did Tactrix receive your bricked ECU and confirm its bricked?

Can they recover the ROM from it? Or flash one to it?

I actually have a spare USDM 2010/11 Denso ECU for a Legacy 3.6R... if its a match hardware wise, I can sell it to you, ship to Tactrix, they can then make a backup ECU for you.

Thank you very much for your answer Perscitus... really appreciate it.

They receive my ecu early Oct & I email them my stock ROM.

I did call them (before I wrote my last comment in this thread) after they npt replying my 2nd follow up email regarding my ECU :-)

My ECU not yet done & they didn't say anything about completely fried, instead promise to do it ASAP & return to me.

I would love to buy your ECU if it compatible with mine.

I'll PM you with regards to this matter.

I will take photos and post up so you can compare the box, connector, pin outs..

Updated.... does it look remotely similar?

We wont know if the hardware is a match unless benched or the cover is opened and board inspected...

We can refer to tactrix & ask them to check.

Are u very close with them?

Anyway. How much u want to sell.

Archived