LegacyGT.com

2005 Outback - Installed Android and getting an airbag light

me73

I replaced my cubby and lower airbag/computer info screen with an Android head unit.

All is working great except the airbag light is on in the gauge cluster. I didn't touch any of the airbag related connectors during the install and the fuse is fine.

I did leave the info screen connectors disconnected and I don't have any airbag status indication in the overhead screen. Is it possible that I need to have these connectors hooked up to avoid the airbag gauge cluster light? Is there any other way around this because I don't have space for the little screen anymore.

The airbag light in the info screen is part of the system. Without that connection, you'll get a light on your gauge cluster. I found this out when I moved my info screen to where the ashtray typically is.

Probably either need to see if you have room to tuck the info screen behind the stereo or figure out if you just need to connect two pins in the harness or if it's more complicated than that.

The airbag light in the info screen is part of the system. Without that connection, you'll get a light on your gauge cluster. I found this out when I moved my info screen to where the ashtray typically is.

Probably either need to see if you have room to tuck the info screen behind the stereo or figure out if you just need to connect two pins in the harness or if it's more complicated than that.

I appreciate the reply, thanks!