LegacyGT.com

Official Interest In COBB Flex-Fuel for the Legacy GT Platform - Please speak up

cryo

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The current plan is 05-12 Legacy GT (05-09 Outback XT), manual tranny only. No plans for auto tranny support, but could happen in the future if there's enough demand.

EDIT: that is as far as tuning support only. Still investigating flex fuel hardware fitment/etc so it's unclear on that end.

Edited by merchgod

The current plan is 05-12 Legacy GT (05-09 Outback XT), manual tranny only. No plans for auto tranny support, but could happen in the future if there's enough demand.

EDIT: that is as far as tuning support only. Still investigating flex fuel hardware fitment/etc so it's unclear on that end.

Are you officially involved with Cobb, or just what you've heard?

No 5EAT support? Time to look at Delicious, or just leave it be..

Thanks bill, always great to hear from you. Btw the offer still stands to meet up for a brewski and discuss tuning/life/ colorado weather etc lol....would love to sit down and bs about old times (awd pirates etc lol)

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 4 weeks later...

Another month down. This is the adult version of waiting for Christmas morning. Need the corn fix.

Anyone been able to get any updates from Cobb? Curious if they are far enough along now for a estimate on the release date.

• 4 weeks later...

I just emailed cobb and here is their response. Figured I'd tickle them and see if they had some update. Looks promising.

Aaron*(COBB Support)

Jun 26, 4:19 PM CDT

Hey Omar,

Thanks for contacting COBB Support!

Yes, stay tuned for more details hopefully by end of year. No further details are available at this time.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

I just emailed cobb and here is their response. Figured I'd tickle them and see if they had some update. Looks promising. ... Yes, stay tuned for more details hopefully by end of year. No further details are available at this time.
Looks Promising? Honestly, they seemed more firm / optimistic 6-12 months ago. To me, this sounds like "don't hold your breath"..

• 2 weeks later...
Spoke with Lance in person at Subiefest today, he echoed what others at Cobb have told me. It is actively in development for 05-07 and although an official release hasn't been announced he was confident it will happen before year end.

'03 Forester X 5mt - Engine Seized at 262k miles.

'05 LGT Wagon 6mt -MotoIQ.com Project Vehicle

'13 VW Touareg TDI - Daily Torque Monster.

05-07 what the ****.. okay lol

The reply I just got:

Yes, we are looking in to developing it for the 08-12 LGT platform as well. At this time, we do not have an ETA on its availability and if it'll come out at the same time as the 05-07 LGT kit or not. I'm sorry that I don't have more information than that available at this time.